Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux P2 - Nature of damage - need help
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
It sold for $1,358.00. Shocked

Yes. Lens in good shape brings between US$1500 and US$2000, perhaps more. It is a very rare lens.

And seller, in that auction, never disclosed the very poor condition of the rear element, which you see in the OP here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

Yes. Lens in good shape brings between US$1500 and US$2000, perhaps more. It is a very rare lens.

There's the thing. You could see, under the grime, that it was likely going to scrub up well externally.

Did you ever get a reply back guardian?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
guardian wrote:
Sciolist wrote:

There's the thing. You could see, under the grime, that it was likely going to scrub up well externally.

Did you ever get a reply back guardian?

I did. They made an excuse and said they would be looking at the situation, at the failure to disclose.

But they never followed through.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guardian wrote:

I did. They made an excuse and said they would be looking at the situation, at the failure to disclose.

But they never followed through.

Ah. Okay.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Unscrupulous sellers abound on e-bay. That being said the e-bay return policy is hands down in favor of buyers. I recently sold an AE-1 Program kit with 6 lenses. Carefully evaluated and clearly stated condition on all. Got an acceptable offer. Sent it off. Buyer claimed some of the lenses were not as described. I had no choice but to authorize a return even though the lenses were exactly as described. No haze, no fungus, some dust, perfectly working. Tested. Annoying but that is just the way it is. So I am out money for 2 way shipping and buyer gets a free hands on to see if the REALLY like it. PITA. MOST e-bay sellers and buyers are honest. But certainly not all. I have also returned lenses that had unidentified flaws. I once bought a Pentax 67 45mm f4 that was supposedly in "excellent" shape. Turns out to have a nasty big glob of fungus (not visible in photos) right in the center of a central element. I returned it, seller whined a bit but came through with the refund. I then noticed the same lens back up for sale from the same seller without any mention of the issue.....