Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Angel Reply with quote

(C) Cosmin_M

Zenit E , Tair-11A 2.8/135 , Agfa Vista 200

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veeeeerry nice composition!!
Too bad that the angel is a taaaaad out of focus - or so it seems (it may also be a consequence of the jpg reduction).
If you can access the place easily, if could be worth perhaps to go there again and reshoot the photograph - it is one that is worth the effort!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
Veeeeerry nice composition!!
Too bad that the angel is a taaaaad out of focus - or so it seems (it may also be a consequence of the jpg reduction).
If you can access the place easily, if could be worth perhaps to go there again and reshoot the photograph - it is one that is worth the effort!

Thank you.

Abut the focus here is a 100% crop (sharpless - original scanned negative)

it seems to be in focus relatively Smile

And the same compozition sharpened a little

Anyway I shall go another day and take some other shots vrom different angles too.

All the best and thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great composition and excellent scan!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the angle is perfect as it is!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I don't know, where are you living and what is this place?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
By the way, I don't know, where are you living and what is this place?

The town is Oradea , in the western Romania. Here are some informations about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradea
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to dear neighbour! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish I can visit Eastern Europe one day.
Now that the political barrier is not there anymore, it would be a shame not to go. But I first need to learn and fill my ignorance, as I know very little if nothing at all, except for capitals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive result of your zenit, now I'm more and more curious about my ones next week.

I just saw on your site more pictures of the zenit that would be worth showing here - I like the archway shoots very much.

There are more aspects in your pictures that are interesting for me. Here in the western part of germany romania was a "black box" for a long time. I only remember about images of monumentalistic new buildings of bukarest during the Ceauşescu era. And after the revolution and the following reports of the orphanages your country gets out of the news focus here.
Posts with images like yours, Attila and all others show the world apart of media coverage - thanks for sharing.
And Orio is right, it's time to visit eastern europe - perhaps if my kids grown up a little bit more. Very Happy

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

There are more aspects in your pictures that are interesting for me. Here in the western part of germany romania was a "black box" for a long time. I only remember about images of monumentalistic new buildings of bukarest during the Ceauşescu era. And after the revolution and the following reports of the orphanages your country gets out of the news focus here.
Posts with images like yours, Attila and all others show the world apart of media coverage - thanks for sharing.
And Orio is right, it's time to visit eastern europe - perhaps if my kids grown up a little bit more. Very Happy

Michael

As you know, Michael, I am much interested in the authenticity of the landscapes. I don't really mind if there are artworks or not. What counts for me is that a landscape reflects the culture and tradition of a people.
This is why I hate so much the things like McDonalds etc. They make all cities look alike.
Go to the downtown of Milano. If you don't look at the historical buildings - what is the difference with other big cities worldwide? Same shops, even same show windows! Everywhere.
Why do we have to eat and dress all the same?
This is why I place big hopes in the Eastern Europe. I hope that the fact that the western consumism has arrived later there, may have allowed for some authentic parts of the landscape to survive.
I am 45 years old and I do remember how was here just 15 years ago - there was still a lot of identity (farmer houses, old houses) that now is gone. Very fast.
I hope to find in Eastern Europe, more of authenticity than what is left here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

I just saw on your site more pictures of the zenit that would be worth showing here - I like the archway shoots very much.

Michael

Hello and thanks to all of you very much,

Unfotunately I can't post those photos (only present them) because I made a digital P&S camera (Cantakeingon Powershot A400) - so it is not an manuala camera an not even a SLR, on 30/06/2006 when the Feasts of The Citatell were taking place. It was raining that day while the sun was still shining.
Yes the city is beautiful (if we refere only to the old city) but there are VERY MUCH to do !

Here they are. Hope Orio won't mind Smile

(C) Cosmin_M

(C) Cosmin_M

PS. I also know some italian and hungarian learned both from TV Very Happy
Capisco un poco l'italiano e l'ungarese. Gli ho imparato guardando il TV.
Ertek egy picit olaszul es magyarul. A TV-bol tanultam oket.

Unfortunately a can not say the same about the german language. I am sorry. So here is a new task to accomplish in the future.

Thank you again and all the best. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Cosmin!! These are FANTASTIC pictures!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice from you to learn some Hungarian words! Unfortunately I doesn't speak any word in your language, but thanks for GOD we have a common language English.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Very nice from you to learn some Hungarian words! Unfortunately I doesn't speak any word in your language, but thanks for GOD we have a common language English.

There was a Bulgarian friend of my ex-wife that was amazing. He could speak and understand I don't know how many languages... for sure his own, then Russian, Romanian, Hungarian, Tcheck, German, French, English, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish. Probably more. He was here for one week when he helped my ex-wife to move to Italy. In less than one week he was already able to understand everything that I and my parents were talking about in Italian. I bet that in one month he would have been able to also speak my language.
I was totally amazed by that, until one day I found an Internet site where they were talking about this exactly: the ability of Bulgarians to learn and speak many different languages. It appears that this is not only an ability of my friends but also of many Bulgarians. And it seems that for this reason, during the Cold War, the USSR recruited many intelligence agents amongst Bulgarians, exactly because they are so well versed in learning and speaking foreign languages fast.
This thing really impressed me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting Romanians can learn very easy French I heard this from a friend of mine.