Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An Old Camera Followed Me Home Again
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: An Old Camera Followed Me Home Again Reply with quote

I got another old camera, I really need to stop browsing ebay Mad Very Happy.

Anyway, this time it is an old Mamiya C3 twin lens reflex camera. It's been in my truck loaded with a roll of film and I've been taking photos here and there to test it out.

Anyway, here are a few photos. These were shot with a 65mm f3.5 lens on Fuji Neopan Acros 100 rated at 50 and developed in Pyrocat MC for 12 minutes.

This first was taken while I was down in Denver racing drones inside a concert one evening (I race drones with MultiGP as one of my other hobbies). The area where the concert was held is in an old industrial area, old warehouses, silos, and mills are everywhere.

As I walked back to my truck I looked up at the old mill as I was walking past and noticed the lights. Some of them were flickering on and off. In one window it looked like an old tv set was on as the light in one window was changing colors. With the low clouds and the area I was in, I can tell you, it was spooky, like something out of an old horror movie.

Luckily, I had the camera in the truck, so I metered the scene with a Gossen Luna Pro F and balanced the camera on the side of my truck, trying to hold it as still as I could, then took a 15 second exposure, it was dark.

Here's what I captured.

Mamiya C3 65mm Test 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

This next shot was taken out in my sandblasting yard. The clouds were rolling in and it started to drizzle, so I couldn't blast anymore, but I had the camera, so took a few shots in the yard. The wild sunflowers are taking over the field.

Mamiya C3 65mm Test 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Lastly, this shot was taken just today. I was seeing how the close focus worked t with the Mamiya. I can actually use this as a Macro camera with the 65mm lens as it has a long bellows and I can focus down to 1:1 Macro shots. Some ears of corn in my garden.

Mamiya C3 65mm Test 3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

These aren't as exciting as my high country photography, but it is the first roll taken with this camera and I always like to document my first shots with each new camera.

Here's a shot of the camera that tool these photos.

Mamiya C3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the same as mine, what a great camera. I should use mine more.

Great pictures, they just have such a wonderful clarity to them. Like 1 small

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree ! -- so sharp that 65mm lens -- wish I had one now! Keep Snapping === Peter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos! Is that camera pretty heavy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

And yes, it is HEAVY; about as heavy/bulky as my RB67 Pro with 90mm lens.

I have a Rolleiflex Vb so I was already covered on the 6x6 format and TLR front, but this camera has a 65mm lens, so its much wider than the 80mm on the Rollei. I was also intrigued with having a TLR with interchangeable lenses. I'm going to buy the Super Seckor 180mm lens next.