Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Am I on the right track here?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject: Am I on the right track here? Reply with quote

I don't usually do a lot of post processing on my pictures, so don't be too harsh Wink

In September 2019 (that feels like such a long time ago) I went to the zoo on a bright and sunny day with my camera. Quite a few of the pictures I took have too much dynamic range for my taste. I have been experimenting a bit with what I suppose is a reverse S curve? Take the highlights down and bump the shadows up a bit.

Question is, am I on the right track here? Does it need more? Less? Wrong idea entirely?

Original on the left, adjusted one on the right. Yes, I also fiddled with white balance and contrast a bit.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks good for me. I'd say I also like the dramatic contrast of the original shot and the almost invisible shoulder of your subject. To keep it, you might try another tool. Take the shot into NIK processing software and use a selective tool to clear out the cercle around the monkey's eyes. This way you'll keep the dramatic general contrast and brighter face spot.