Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Alpex 200mm f/3,5 M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Alpex 200mm f/3,5 M42 Reply with quote

A new 200mm in my collection (14) : won on "fleabay" €23 (with p&p) This matt finish is not common , and I think this lens was built at the end of sixties, beginning of seventies. No "MC" coating . Probably Cosina is the real manufacturer.
Results are so-so , this lens remain "soft" , that was not a surprise. Very pleasant to expose in a showcase...

crop sample (100%)

I didn't find any precise informations about these lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice looking lens, like new
this lens is sharp; the softness is from flare, use your hand to see if it's help

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , nice looking lens, result is not so impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be the same (or similar) to Beroflex (which I don't know who produced it) ?!
Click here to see on Ebay
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/lensgallery/japanese/beroflex/beroflex_200mm_f3_5.JPG.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , Beroflex ! I own a 135mm with a design which is very close . I put a 50mm long sunshade on it , but I could'nt avoid the flare ... It was the very first image I took with , i didn't pay attention to the sun ...
Beroflex : design very look alike Cosina . I own excellent optics from Cosina ...
Thanks for your research !
The lens was a bit "crappy" . A few Glass cleaner (not for glass elemants) , some work , and you get a "mint" condition Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it makes a very nice looking desk weight

patrickh Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think poilu is correct, mount a hood on the lens, well it will not become a Nikkor but it will visibly improve.
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesss... I put one on it to take this picture , but it was only 50mm long . I'm not sure there is not a "greasy" element inside . To compare roughly with my other 200, my best are two S-Tak 4/400, smc and not smc , a rokkor 4,5 (great!) , jupiter-21, telemar-22 (max aperture f/5,6 !), an Astro-Berlin Telastan (dimensions an weight of a 300mm), and two versions of Pentacon 4/200, Meyer Primotar (180mm)
Followed by Chinon, Revuenon, Makinon,Optomax, Soligor.