Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AHEL 4 x 5 Enlarger Type 12 00 45
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: AHEL 4 x 5 Enlarger Type 12 00 45 Reply with quote

I got the AHEL as part of a package locally. I mostly wanted the Durst Color M670, but at the price, I took it all.

If anyone has any information on the AHEL I would appreciate it. I spent some time looking for an instruction manual, but no luck yet.

The system works, but the power supply / timer has a problem, it stops after several exposures. There seems to be something like relay chatter, then pretty well shuts down.

Any PDF files, schematics or instructions would be a great help.

Phil

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: More Information Reply with quote

I found the AHEL website this morning. http://www.ahel.fr/index.php?rubrique=home

I have sent a request for information. I will update this when I have a reply.

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't received or found any information on this enlarger. The timer does not work. I want to use it, so I am doing a conversion to eliminate the manufacturer supplied power supply / timer.
The lamp is 15V, 150W, so I found a used 15 VDC 20 W power supply. The output is adjustable from 13.5 to 18 V, so it may be possible to run the lamp on reduced voltage to extend the lamp life. The power supply will be powered by a standard darkroom timer. The set up time is specified at 2500 ms, which should not be a problem.
There is a 92 mm cooling fan, 230 VAC. I ordered a 92mm 110 VAC fan which will be wired to a standard plug. The fan will run continuously throughout the printing session.
There is one lens board, threaded 50 mm X .075 for a 150 mm Rodenstock lens. Customphototools.com has thread reducers so I can use my M39 thread lens.

Total cost for the conversion is about $75 USD. All the parts should be here in the next week.

Phil