Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfaflex w/50mm f/2.0 Solagon and WL finder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Agfaflex w/50mm f/2.0 Solagon and WL finder Reply with quote

Here is the shiny Agfaflex with the premium 50mm f/2 Color Solagon normal lens and waist level finder. From the days when chrome was chrome and brass was brass. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 magnificent!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Agfaflex w/50mm f/2.0 Solagon and WL finder Reply with quote

pdccameras wrote:
Here is the shiny Agfaflex with the premium 50mm f/2 Color Solagon normal lens and waist level finder.

One of those cameras that manages to be simultaneously ugly and yet beautiful. I trust it still works?

pdccameras wrote:
From the days when chrome was chrome and brass was brass. Wink

You don't like silver painted plastic? Wink

Honestly, injection-moulded glass-filled quality engineering plastics aren't much cheaper; high up-front mould design & production cost & high mould wear. I suspect ditching the nice brass was all about weight reduction as opposed to cost savings Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.

I do appreciate the mechanical properties and the smooth curves of engineered polymers and composites, but I do love the heft and shine of chromed brass. And yes, this Ambiflex works well enough to take pictures - although the meter can't be trusted and the shutter speeds certainly can't match the accuracy of a modern electronically timed shutter.

It really looks good, though!

Best,

Paul