Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Silette 's shutter speeds
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Agfa Silette 's shutter speeds Reply with quote

So my Silette has arrived, she looks gorgeous for a 50+ years old lady, but unfortunately, she seems to have a problem with the shutter times. Fast times seem ok (but I have not tested them), slow times instead are most evidently wrong, as they keep open for a much larger time than needed.

I was wondering if the shutter works with two independent mechanisms, one for faster times one for slow times, since the times ring displays a space between the 1/25th and 1/10th, which is also the moment (I mean 1/10) when the shutter starts to apparently slow down.

Based on your experience, is this a thing that can be fixed with a reasonable expense, or should I use this camera as paper holder? Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio,
Make a pyramid out of sticks and place the camera inside. Go to bed,
think pleasant thoughts, (these thoughts will be channeling through the pyramid and the camera) have a nice deep sleep and the next day the
camera will be fixed! Why? Pyramid Power! And because people believe
the darndest things.

Seriously, it's worth having the shutter CLA'd. Are the bellows light
tight? Also what lens is in this?

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You already own a shutter tester" :

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-135.html

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the bellows are light tight cuz there ain't no freakin' bellows! Embarassed
My bad, read it wrong, thought we were talking about an Agfa Isolette!

Cute little cam, Orio. I found this on the 'net:

http://home.rmci.net/deanw/Agfa_Silette.html

Up to you whether you think it's worth getting fixed...

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is even older, it doesn't even have the selenium meter cell window.
I think my model is the very first Silette made and therefore is from the early 50s.

I'll post a photo when I can. Smile

I have to admit, I bought it for two reasons:

- I love old cameras

- my mother is called Sila so "Silette" made me think of her, it could be a French diminutive for her name Smile