Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Precisa CT 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Agfa Precisa CT 100 Reply with quote

Some spring shots from our garden on Agfa CT 100 Precisa, Leica R5, Elmarit-R 28 & Summicron-R 90 (+elpro).

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice color saturation, perhaps a very slight blue color bias, tight grain. Looks like it might be a good substitute for Ektar.

What did you use to scan the images?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding the right color-balance is always difficult. I tried to match the look of the original slide.

For scanning I used my home made device, consisting of a nex 5n, a Rodagon 2.8/50 mounted with some extension rings, and a lighting table as illumination.

Best regards

Timo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I dupe my film with my NEX 7 and a 55/2.8 AIs Nikkor with extensions that get me real close to 1:1.

I've found print film to be rather hit and miss. Some emulsions I can get converted fairly easily, and others, no matter how hard I try, I can't get the color balance right -- Ektar, specifically. So I'm curious, how do you go about converting your negative dupes to look that good?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose Agfa precisa ct 100 because it is (was) the least expensive slide film and so it is relativly easy to scan.
You are absolutely right, ektar is quite hard to demask, usually I use a simple fotoshop action to remove the orange mask, often it works quite well, sometimes it doesn´t. I believe there are two major problems, lighting conditions while exposing the film, especially artifical (LED) ligth and the light used to enlight the negative while scanning, I believe my cheap lighting plate is so so in terms of it´s spectral qualities. Another problem is the "primary" white balance that has to beset before the negative is converted, when you fail in this first step, everything is ruined already.

best regards.

Timo