Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agfa Compact (Agfa Optima 935) with Electronic Winder
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

Nice to see an Agfa expert here , thank you for joining to us!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Welcome!

Nice to see an Agfa expert here , thank you for joining to us!

Yes, thank you for the information, Phil! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like i have the same problem as you. I can get the lens to come out, and i can load film. However i cannot get the shutter to click. At best i can manually advance the film sprocket (the one with the teeth on the right side) and i see a lever extend to drive a small white plastic cam counter clockwise into the lens assembly, and i press the shutter and get a weak sounding click and spooz sound.

I really don't want to take the camera apart, if i just blow the heck out of it with canned air, where do you suggest that i aim the straw of the canned air into?

Scheimpflug wrote:
So a bit of an update-

I opened the camera up to see what was wrong, and the first thing I can tell you is that this camera is SOLID. The engineering & packaging work is really incredible. Shocked

There are only a few screws which hold the camera together, and surprisingly, two of them are the contacts for the external flash. Once you have the screws out, the camera halves won't budge. I'm confident that you could use it like this for months without even noticing that the screws are missing. Shocked There are a few hidden snaps, and then with some persuasion, the halves will separate. Oh, and the sliding cover over the rewind switch on the top has to come off first.

Once you have the halves off, the camera will go SPROINGGGG and a sprinkling of tiny pieces will become lost forever, and others will move into positions that will take hours to figure out where they should have gone. Crying or Very sad Laughing Agfa sort of thought of this, and I can advise that if you open the camera with the viewfinder cover OPEN (and the lens extended), then things will hold together better and it will be much easier to put back together. There is a tiny tiny tiny roller in the viewfinder cover switch assembly that will fall out, and due to the mechanical/electrical interlocks, the camera will be 100% useless without it. DO NOT LOSE THIS PIECE! Mr. Green It is not immediately obvious that it is missing, just that you put it all together and nothing works. Very Happy

Ok, so with the camera apart, I started tracing the shutter button assembly, only to find that it is a mechanical linkage that disappears to somewhere deep inside the camera. I couldn't reach the actual switch, and further disassembly of the camera was quite daunting, so I elected to just blast it with air to see if it was a dust issue. To my delight, it was! Surprised

I put the camera back together, and waited for the next day to test it out with some film.