Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agenieux Paris zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Agenieux Paris zoom Reply with quote

Type 10X18 J3 18-180mm f2.2

Well I put a M42 camera (without lens) against it and just got a sorta image on the split image range finder and the rest is blurred, I think I'm out of my depth on this one as the thread is about 71mm outside dia. Is all this complicated and needs a digital camera to experiment as I'm a film user, or better to put it on market place for exchange for film lenses that you don't use anymore esp Bronica etrsi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a monster of a lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably TV camera lens and don't bring any good, we did try a similar range 16mm cine zoom on NEX-3 was pretty crap, look forward your success Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Probably TV camera lens and don't bring any good, we did try a similar range 16mm cine zoom on NEX-3 was pretty crap, look forward your success Wink

Yes it is a TV lens and one went for £250 on ebay complete in the casing with motors.
But it might work better on a large format camera (which I don't have) with bellows..but it would be a silly combo, and even if I can somehow use it on a 35mm camera, the only useful end for me would be 18mm...h'mm for all that inconvenience.
I did hint that I'd swap it for a film lens that someone didn't use h'mm but there seems no point in putting it in Marketplace...so when I get round to it, it will have to be ebay as someone in the world might have a use for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens will work on a dslr or an m42 camera, just need to get the lens out to the 180 range to get a large enough image circle. The 18mm side needs to have some back focus adjustments that I have not done at this point.

Sample images here
http://forum.mflenses.com/angenieux-10x18-j1-18-180-f2-2-t30869,highlight,%2Bangenieux.html