Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Agenieux Paris zoom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Agenieux Paris zoom Reply with quote

Type 10X18 J3 18-180mm f2.2

Well I put a M42 camera (without lens) against it and just got a sorta image on the split image range finder and the rest is blurred, I think I'm out of my depth on this one as the thread is about 71mm outside dia. Is all this complicated and needs a digital camera to experiment as I'm a film user, or better to put it on market place for exchange for film lenses that you don't use anymore esp Bronica etrsi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a monster of a lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably TV camera lens and don't bring any good, we did try a similar range 16mm cine zoom on NEX-3 was pretty crap, look forward your success Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Probably TV camera lens and don't bring any good, we did try a similar range 16mm cine zoom on NEX-3 was pretty crap, look forward your success Wink

Yes it is a TV lens and one went for 250 on ebay complete in the casing with motors.
But it might work better on a large format camera (which I don't have) with bellows..but it would be a silly combo, and even if I can somehow use it on a 35mm camera, the only useful end for me would be 18mm...h'mm for all that inconvenience.
I did hint that I'd swap it for a film lens that someone didn't use h'mm but there seems no point in putting it in Marketplace...so when I get round to it, it will have to be ebay as someone in the world might have a use for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens will work on a dslr or an m42 camera, just need to get the lens out to the 180 range to get a large enough image circle. The 18mm side needs to have some back focus adjustments that I have not done at this point.

Sample images here
http://forum.mflenses.com/angenieux-10x18-j1-18-180-f2-2-t30869,highlight,%2Bangenieux.html