Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Aetna Rokunar 300mm f5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Tamron Adapt-a-matic 300mm f/5.6 and variants Reply with quote

I am SO pleased I found this thread! I have been trying to identify the lens I bought off eBay about a year ago. The closest I have got until now is thinking it's a 670Au but it doesn't look quite like any of the 3 variants I have seen. It does, however, look exactly like the Auto Rokunar here, but it is branded Auto Tamron and has a Nikon mount (well, it was sold to me as Nikon mount and it certainly does fit). I was also thrown by the fact it came with a rear cap which says 'For Pentax K' and an Adaptall-2 front cap. So, perhaps this is one of the unknown variants. I will post pictures soon.

Can I use this with teleconverters? And if so, what would people recommend?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: Tamron Adapt-a-matic 300mm f/5.6 and variants Reply with quote

Glad the information was helpful! Please do post a photo of your lens if you can.

I can't say for sure how well this lens does with teleconverters... I only have two, a 3x Soligor, and a 2x macro focusing Vivitar, neither of which would really be good matches for this lens... I tried the Vivitar when I did those test shots last year, but I remember that I didn't have enough light for it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of my Auto Tamron 300mm f/5.6. If this is a straight-up Adapt-A-Matic model 670Au I would be pleased, though the focus barrel doesn't look like the model on the Adaptall-2 website.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Timmy,

It looks like one of the many undocumented fixed mount variants of many Tamron lenses.

I would say this is most likely a 670au all the way back to the mount, which seems to be fixed, not Adaptamatic.

Adaptamatics themselves were made with two styles of focus grips - earlier ones were ribbed metal, later ones were rubber.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Hi Timmy,

It looks like one of the many undocumented fixed mount variants of many Tamron lenses.

I would say this is most likely a 670au all the way back to the mount, which seems to be fixed, not Adaptamatic.

Adaptamatics themselves were made with two styles of focus grips - earlier ones were ribbed metal, later ones were rubber.

Thanks for your help. Can I use any old Nikon teleconverter with this?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess any older Nikon-mount TC will work.

The newer AI/AIS TC's may not work as this isn't an AI mount. But you never know, you would have to try them to be certain. I have one of these that seems to work with some old lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:

Yes, and the rear of that lens looks identical to the fixed mount on my Aetna Rokunar. In terms of the Tamron lineup, yours is definitely the closest one to mine!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just deal a AETNA ROKUNAR 300mm 5.5 M42 Lens in Ebay for U$D50
Just curios about this lens ability...

I hope it will not disapoint me when arrive...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sandy,Please post up some images when the lens arrives. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:

I Will, but maybe it will take a month to have this lens in hand.
Thanks for your reply...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandysuwandi wrote:
mo wrote:

Thanks for your reply...

Welcome sandysuwandi!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
sandysuwandi wrote:
mo wrote:

Thanks for your reply...

Welcome sandysuwandi!

Thank you visualopsins