Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Advice on Japanese lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Advice on Japanese lens Reply with quote

Hi colleagues,

Does somebody know about a Japanese lens called Sands Hunter? Its a 135mm F3.5 Pre-Set one with exakta mount...
Any advice would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, didn't find much about this brand (except that it is a very old camera brand). May be it is used to rebrand lenses and looks like in fact its a lens with a similar construction like the, also T mount, Prinz Galaxy 135mm f:3.5 . I don't know its quality, sorry. I found only some closed auctions here:

Click here to see on Ebay

Its a T mount lens like I think that Sands Hunter is (which perhaps it has a Exakta mount/adapter mounted on it with the help of 3 screws). This means that you can buy another mount and mount the lens on a M42 body, or K pentax body, or F Nikon etc...
Still, I think the best f:3.5 135mm lens are : CZJ Sonnar and Jupiter-37A. I don't know about the smc Pentax-M 135mm f:3.5 or about the Takumars.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Well, didn't find much about this brand (except that it is a very old camera brand). May be it is used to rebrand lenses and looks like in fact its a lens with a similar construction like the, also T mount, Prinz Galaxy 135mm f:3.5 . I don't know its quality, sorry. I found only some closed auctions here:

Its a T mount lens like I think that Sands Hunter is (which perhaps it has a Exakta mount/adapter mounted on it with the help of 3 screws). This means that you can buy another mount and mount the lens on a M42 body, or K pentax body, or F Nikon etc...
Still, I think the best f:3.5 135mm lens are : CZJ Sonnar and Jupiter-37A. I don't know about the smc Pentax-M 135mm f:3.5 or about the Takumars.

Hi Cosmin, thanks a lot!. I'm looking for a couple of cheap lenses for my EXA 1A, and I've been offered one of these. Since it's cheap, I'll get it. As you mentioned, the ability of doing some bricolaje on it does appeal me Wink.

Jes.

Jes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sands Hunter was a rebrand used by a camera store group in the UK some time ago (?70's)

patrickh