Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

advice on best lens for digitizing film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: advice on best lens for digitizing film Reply with quote

hi guys
i'm thinking that my gxr m mount has enough resolving capability to produce some quality digital images of my film negatives, so i'm seeking advice on the best reasonably priced lenses to use with it. please keep in mind that i do NOT want to take multiple shots of the same frame--just one shot copies. besides that i really want an m39 or m42 lens. and finally it would be great if i could use the lens for larger 120 film negatives as well. if you suggest different lenses for 35mm and 120mm film, keeping in mind my need to take only one shot of each frame, just let me know.

also, it would be great if someone could help me to understand if a 'flat field' lens is good for what i want.

thanks guys!
tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not the best, but good:
For 0.8:1 to 1.2:1 copy the Apo Rodagon D 75/4 would be good,
for 1:2.5-1:1.2 the Apo Rodagon D 75mm/4.5 would be the one (or reversed).
Both work up to 6x6 film size, the f/4.5 version even 6x7cm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good proposal.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys! and those lenses will work for single shot copies even though they will be 112mm on my 1.5 crop gxr?

do they come in m39 or m42 mounts?
thanks so much!
tony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enlarger lens is designed for flat field to flat field use. Some nice Rokkor 50's on ebay for £15 - £20.

Tubes or bellows to get the exact reproduction ratio. I use a slide viewer to get the even illumination this one will be perfect for 6x9
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 'Flat field' lens, focus plane is flat. | With non flat field lens, focus plane is curved. ) Guess which is best for copying flat objects...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you both.
tony