Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Additions to my darkroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Additions to my darkroom Reply with quote

I have had my Durst M670 for some time, using it for enlarging 35mm and making contact sheets. Now that I have the RB67, I want to use it for medium format, 645, 6x6 and 6x7. I only have one lens board for the enlarger, threaded M39. I have ordered a couple 25 to 39 lens adapters, which should arrive today. Remembering the results I used to get with Nikor enlarging lenses, I found a 75mm f4 N lens on the big auction site, won with a $25.00 bid.

I don't have a 6x7 negative carrier. I have a spare 645 carrier, so I will try cutting and filing it to 6x7. Probably won't be done until this weekend.

Perusing the local Craigs List last week I saw a Chromega B enlarger listed for a reasonable price.

Please excuse the poor cell phone pic.
The deal included the B22 condenser head, an 11x14 papersafe, several film tanks, old paper, and trays as well as other accessories. I am going to bolt the Chromega to the table for 35mm only. Hopefully by Sunday I will be ready to print all my negative sizes.

I get better photos when all is complete.

Phil

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I'm also in this route to build my darkroom.

Got locally a Beseler 23CII XL head only, and days latter got the chassis for this head - it have been cut in 2 parts for shipping from CO/USA, and now it's welding back.

Today I packed a large box with nearby everything I will need for the lab and shipped to me via FedEx from USA, all the stuff was acquired at ebay, APUG and LFPF from other analog photographers.

The enlarger above goes only until 6x9 but I can live with that, at least until the end of the year where I'll be able to get a 4x5 enlarger.

Post your pics when the lab is done, ok?

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 23CII XL is a very nice enlarger. My backpacking buddy bought a used one in '78 or so. At the time I only used 35mm and had a small Durst that was 35mm maximum negative size. We would shoot Ektachrome and Tri-X on our trips, then get together after work and process our film, usually 20-30 rolls or more. Cibachrome was readily available, so we would contact print both the color and B&W.

Phil