Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapting Soviet Projector lens KO-120M 120mm f/1.8 to Nikon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:54 am    Post subject: Adapting Soviet Projector lens KO-120M 120mm f/1.8 to Nikon Reply with quote

So first would such lens work well with a dSRL?

I want to determine how to make it to focus to infinity and i read that you have to hold it agaist a sheet of paper and when the light is at it's sharpest you have to measure that distance and basically that's the distance in which the lens focuses to infinity. I have a bellow with m42 mount i think i might test it there.

I don't have to make any changes to the lenght of the lens itself right? Just have to make the choice for the right lengh of the focusing mechanism. Because i read that some use extension tubes or shorten the lengh of the body of lens itself.

I was reading of ways for adapting such lenses and the method that chudy128314 shared really peaked my interest. Well the minus is that there are helical grooves made into the body of the lens itself and this adapting is more lens-specific, but it seems more sturdy to me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello welcome to the forum.
I have adapted a few projector lenses but not a KO-120. Only small lenses have I been able to mount an a bellows with friction fitting. The lens you ask about is probably larger and personally I have used a m52-m42 helicoid adapter combined with other parts to fit the lenses inside the adapter with tape on the barrel for good friction.

Sometimes you can get a mount with the lens that will help the adapting process. Otherwise you can be hardcore and fabricate your own parts.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
Hello welcome to the forum.
I have adapted a few projector lenses but not a KO-120. Only small lenses have I been able to mount an a bellows with friction fitting. The lens you ask about is probably larger and personally I have used a m52-m42 helicoid adapter combined with other parts to fit the lenses inside the adapter with tape on the barrel for good friction.

Sometimes you can get a mount with the lens that will help the adapting process. Otherwise you can be hardcore and fabricate your own parts.

Thank you!

Well yes the diameter is 62.5mm, i saw someone selling custom made helical adapters on lathe for such projector lenses on Ebay. I might take inspiration from there and try to replicate that with a 3D print.