Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapting projection lens Meostigmat 1.3/50, Meopta 1.25/55
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Adapting projection lens Meostigmat 1.3/50, Meopta 1.25/55 Reply with quote

Hello,

I have this Meopta Meostigmat 1.3/50 and Meopta Stigmar 1.25/55 projection lens (52,5mm) and I want adapt this lens to my Sony A7II, do you somebody know distance to sensor of these lens? What helicoid distance I need?

Next question is about adapting. It is possible use one adapter for this two lens? I googl it and my solution is this. A7II->Sony E mount to M42 slim 1mm -> M42 to M65-> helicoid from ebay or aliexpress M65 to M65 (17-31mm? or another?)-> and last is M65 to 52.5mm reduction for projection lenses from Rafcamera.

Thank you for your answer.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can "free lens" it to see what distance you need the adapters to be.. Some Meopta lenses may not reach infinity unless you cut the rear lens body back a bit.

--mike

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
17-31mm helicoid will be enough as I`m using such one for my Meostigmat 1.3/50
As I got only one projection lens, I went cheapest way:
M52-M42 helicoid 17-31mm
M42-NEX 1mm slim adapter
dremeled the m52 thread out and glued the lens in with epoxy glue

If you plan to use multiple lenses per adapter, then buy M65-M42 helicoid and Rafcamera 52.5mm to M65x1 thread adapter

Lens vingnets on FF when focusing further, but I use to crop corners of in post

Some examples on A7II:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makatanav wrote:
Hi,
17-31mm helicoid will be enough as I`m using such one for my Meostigmat 1.3/50
As I got only one projection lens, I went cheapest way:
M52-M42 helicoid 17-31mm
M42-NEX 1mm slim adapter
dremeled the m52 thread out and glued the lens in with epoxy glue

If you plan to use multiple lenses per adapter, then buy M65-M42 helicoid and Rafcamera 52.5mm to M65x1 thread adapter...

A very well laid out reply.

I prefer to have the lens recessed further into a longer helicoid, so as to give a much greater focusing range, so I used a 35-90mm long helicoid for my 50mm/1.2 projector - a different model (PO-09-1A) that's get's narrower towards the back allowing a 52mm filter ring to be stuck to the first step & the very rear could actually project through the rear of the slimline M42 adapter (before I trimmed it).

My mounting isn't as neat as your's:
Mounted 50mm/1.2 projector lens by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr