Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapting Braun M39 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Adapting Braun M39 lenses Reply with quote

Braun lenses are quite popular, I have some really good ones. Problem is adapting them to digital. I bought a B39-LTM39 from the states to use on my Leica and digital but it's so big it blocks half the viewfinder. I've since managed to snag a extension ring the right length. However a quicker solution could be a focusing helical. For my Sony there is this: I don't know about other mounts - no reason why not.

[/url]

pop one of those thin m39 to m42 rings on and you are away.
Oh, works with full frame.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was lucky, I found one of those vintage adapters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also this adapter...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Braun-Paxette-L39-lens-to-Sony-E-mount-A7-NEX-FS100-etc-close-focus-helical/202562027610?hash=item2f29a3405a:g:PwQAAOSwe7ZcNr5D:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the guy who made the adapter I mentioned. You really would be best off with the Roxsen type.

He sells adapters for all sorts of weird and wonderful lenses but the Paxette one is huge and covers half the Leica's finder. In my junk drawer.

I bought an adapter off him recently to use my Argus C3 lenses on the Leica. It fitted at both ends but had to have the length calibrated and there was no way of knowing the focus of the lens. On the C3 the distance is printed on the focusing wheel. I eventually marked the lens with a fine sharpie and transferred the distances to the adapter. God knows how accurate that is. Messy. Nice in theory but an ill thought out design. I would avoid him in future.

The price was up by 50% because of duty and Royal Mail's handling fee.

Not a happy bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the one I bought, it's the same width as most Sony E adapters. The focusing helicoid would be handy for close focusing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does the job. Really it only needs to be an extension ring. This is mine - I know I was really fortunate to acquire this, it came with a Corfield focus checker along with more really useful widgets. Black paint removed and marked by myself.