Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapter for Jupiter-9 85mm f2 Contax Kiev Lens to Fuji X-E1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Adapter for Jupiter-9 85mm f2 Contax Kiev Lens to Fuji X-E1 Reply with quote

Just picked up this lens and was wondering if anyone has experience mounting a Contax Kiev bayonet lens to a Fuji X-E1?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Smile
you need an Nikon-S to Fuji FX adapter - like this one Click here to see on Ebay

You can only use it with outer bayonet lenses (your Jupiter and the 135mm one)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Stefan for the fast response, I will check out. Looks like I will be lurking around for a while as I explore the world of manual lenses. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
Welcome to the forum Smile
you need an Nikon-S to Fuji FX adapter - like this one Click here to see on Ebay

You can only use it with outer bayonet lenses (your Jupiter and the 135mm one)

Thats good, not a bad price either! A bad description though. Potential purchasers would pass by as Contax or Kiev are not mentioned. This is the same with a better description and even cheaper... Click here to see on Ebay

A word of warning. Although the shorter lenses 28mm and 35mm will go on the adapter it is unlikely they will fit in the camera as they stick out an awful long way at the back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A word of caution - both those look like the one I have that's in Leica M body fitting. If so, there's no provision for actually locking the Jupiter 9 to the adapter which can be a little awkward if the Jupiter has a stiff focusing movement. . . then it's really easy to unfasten the lens from the adapter Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Same question in 2018...
Could you guys give me a link for a Fuji X Pro 2 to adapt a Kiev Jupiter 9 ? This is not my camera and honestly i'm lost with those...
Thanks a lot !

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here : Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
Here : Click here to see on Ebay

Merci Pierre mais le lien ne marche pas... :/

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be many options today.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-KIEV-RF-to-Fuji-FX-adapter-with-focusing-part-GIFT-Jupiter-8m-2-50/323207277767

Comes with a Jupiter 8 a $20-$30 value, if bought separately + shipping.

Doh, he beat me.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
There doesn't seem to be many options today.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Contax-KIEV-RF-to-Fuji-FX-adapter-with-focusing-part-GIFT-Jupiter-8m-2-50/323207277767

Comes with a Jupiter 8 a $20-$30 value, if bought separately + shipping.

Doh, he beat me.

Thanks guys ! I bought him a Nex adapter already, i'll give that link to my client !