Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adapted Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Adapted Lenses Reply with quote

I went to my lens shelf this morning and found 19 different vintage lenses that II use regularly on the Fuji X camera. There are 6 more that I haven't tested yet as well as about 20 Nikon f and AI mounts that I was too lazy to shoot. My favorite is the 50mm f1.5 Sonnar in Contax RF .
mount.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127239275@N05/albums/72157677898260614

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I understand from Forums like this your GAS is relatively mild!
I,m on 15 and counting,nothing esoteric though.Mostly Helios,Pentacon and Chinon.I do have 1 Zeiss Jena 50/2.8 in need of TLC though!
I am however itching to get a Fujifilm X-E2 for the APS-C experience as well. Sony A57 doesnt cut it for me.I mainly use an Olympus EM10 for Manual work.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is highly addicting. I started with it as I was dissappointed with the less expensive Canon lenses on my EOS 60 D. One of the forums I perused recommended vintage glass and checking Craigslist. Found an Exakta VXII A in mint condtion with a Biotar 58mm f2. Soon I had Tessars, Isco's, Schneiders, Fuji, Mamiya Oly and on and on I have not counted recently but I'm sure it is over 200 different lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among the lenses that I didn't shoot pictures of are the 200mm f3.5 MC Rokkor and the 35-105mm f3.5 Canon FD. Both of which work great on the Fuji cameras.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie46 wrote:
I,m on 15 and counting,nothing esoteric though.Mostly Helios,Pentacon and Chinon.I do have 1 Zeiss Jena 50/2.8 in need of TLC though!
I am however itching to get a Fujifilm X-E2 for the APS-C experience as well. Sony A57 doesnt cut it for me.I mainly use an Olympus EM10 for Manual work.

I disagree. The OP has many more lenses than he has posts here; that is a dangerous sign. Not even Klaus has as many lenses as posts.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have accumulated an obscene amount of lenses over the years....only problem is what and how to divest when you reach 77? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Eddie46 wrote:

I disagree. The OP has many more lenses than he has posts here; that is a dangerous sign. Not even Klaus has as many lenses as posts.

Hahahahaha - we had all better get posting.
We wouldn't want our lenses to catch our posts Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
I also have accumulated an obscene amount of lenses over the years....only problem is what and how to divest when you reach 77? Rolling Eyes

Why divest at all?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:

77 what? Years or lenses?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say this,but I think we are all a bit weird.Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, weird indeed. When I first discovered these forums, I had just recently been given a Canon XS (1000D) DSLR, which came with an 18-55 kit lens. I also had a couple of modest Canon EOS and Nikon F2 outfits. I owned probably a total of 10 lenses, including both EOS and Nikon mounts.

Then I kinda went nuts on eBay and even bought lenses (and outfits) from other members on Facebook. I finally bought a NEX 7 which allowed me to use any and all lenses I own, including Canon FD and M39 -- even C-mount. And, of course, I bought a lot of my favorite film cameras to go along with the lenses. So I went from one film camera -- a Nikon F2 -- to probably thirty or so, all favorites in one way or another.

I haven't counted the number of lenses I own now, but it's probably around 60 for 35mm and another dozen or so for medium format. My biggest outfits are Canon FD and Tamron Adaptall, with Nikon F close behind.

Here's some of them with some of my cameras:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie46 wrote:
I have to say this,but I think we are all a bit weird.Smile

No some of us are definitely more than a bit weird.
If you look at what's normal I've no desire to be normal at all!
Laugh 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't counted my lenses in over a year, so I'm not sure how many I have, but I did a rough $ total last year and nearly fell over.
You don't have LBA until you have over 100 lenses, and multiple copies of the same lens, up till then it's just a large collection... Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just turned 77 and lens count over 200 so I might seriously think of divesting Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rybolt,
you seem to have what looks like an Amedeo adapter. Could you please share your experience with it? Is it any good? The price is pretty steep and I wonder what you get for $150.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an Amedeo adapter. I ordered it from Amedeo Muscelli on Ebay and he shipped it from his new shop in Miami. Unfortunately, the one he shipped was for Sony and I needed Fuji. He them re-shipped the correct adapter from his shop in Venezuela. Venezuela is going through some very hard times right now and it took ten days to get here via Fedex.
The adapter for the Fuji was $155 and worth every penny. It is perfectly machined and silky smooth focusing. The adapter uses both the internal and external Contax/Nikon mounts. In hindsight I should have bought it for Leica and used a separate adapter but that would have cost an additional $75. The cheap adapters that are made from old Jupiter lenses only work with some of the RF lenses. The Amedeo works with all of them. Plus, he's a great guy who deserves to be supported.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul!
Thank you!

Ordered Amedeo to Leica M. The one without external mount. Liked it better because it focuses down to 0,6m, 2ft.

Sorry for OT Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GAS started 11 years ago when I bought an Olympus 55/1.2 for my Canon 20D... since then my collection has grown to 247 lenses. I have records of every dollar I spent and it's not pretty. On lens hoods alone I've spent $5,476 USD.. a ghastly sum for just bits of round metal.

I've been trying to cure myself by getting into another hobby lately..freshwater planted aquariums.. we'll see how that turns out..

Laugh 1

--mike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Eddie46 wrote:

Wut? Can't use all my 600++ lenses in parallel, some sit in front of me, depending on current like, or while being adapted and tried out, that's what I usually then post about... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leemik wrote:
My GAS started 11 years ago when I bought an Olympus 55/1.2 for my Canon 20D... since then my collection has grown to 247 lenses. I have records of every dollar I spent and it's not pretty. On lens hoods alone I've spent $5,476 USD.. a ghastly sum for just bits of round metal.

I've been trying to cure myself by getting into another hobby lately..freshwater planted aquariums.. we'll see how that turns out..

Laugh 1

--mike

OMG, don't even start pleeeeze, talking about money spent.... Wink Wink Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 years ago I only had a Canon 400D, an old EF 35-70mm AF and the my first manual lens, a Pentacon electric 135mm.
Couple days ago I was cleaning one of my shelves and I was thinking to myself this can't be right, I have to stop:

Now, reading your posts I realized I'm at kindergarden level and I could add a few more lenses ... I'm not that addicted ... I'll stop later ... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Wut? Can't use all my 600++ lenses in parallel, some sit in front of me, depending on current like, or while being adapted and tried out, that's what I usually then post about... Wink

I always wondered how many lenses you had .. now i don't feel as bad Smile

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

It must be connected with the name Klaus!
600 plus here, too

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added all of these today in order to get ONE LENS that I wanted. It's in the second picture.