Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adaptamatic mount?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Adaptamatic mount? Reply with quote

Is this an adaptamatic mount?
It looks the same as this one
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/pentax-m42-screw-Tamron-Adaptamatic-Adapt-a-matic-lens-mount-/371313747555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5674062663

but I can't get it off
there are no buttons on the lens to remove it

i tried putting it on f2.8 and then just turning it off, but it won't move at all

Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure but try unscrewing that thin silver ring at the bottom of the lens...it can hold the mount in place.It looks older than my auto Tamron which has a rubber grip.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the instruction from our member:.

RAART wrote:
I did figured out with instructions manual generously supplied...

Here it is attached for everyone... Smile Please click on it to get larger (readable) file

If someone looks for adapt-a-matic adapter for diverse mounts they can be found here:
http://www.heritagecameras.co.uk/tamron-adapt-a-matic-88-c.asp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Adaptamatic mount? Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Is this an adaptamatic mount?
It looks the same as this one
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/pentax-m42-screw-Tamron-Adaptamatic-Adapt-a-matic-lens-mount-/371313747555?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5674062663

but I can't get it off
there are no buttons on the lens to remove it

i tried putting it on f2.8 and then just turning it off, but it won't move at all

Confused

Couple of things:

That's an Adapt-A-Matic lens for sure. I collect those. Lens is instantly recognizable.

Possible fly in ointment:

Am working from memory here, since all my Adapt-A-Matic lenses have interchangeable mounts. But I might once have read, probably here on this forum, that there were a small number of Adapt-A-Matic lenses manufactured with fixed mounts. I'm guessing it might have been luisalegria who posted that.

But I have never personally seen a fixed-mount Adapt-A-Matic lens or held one in my hand. While you might have one, I consider the possibility unlikely.

To remove an adapter from an interchangeable-mount Adapt-A-Matic lens, no button need be depressed. The adapters unscrew. Specifically, the (silver-colored) knurled lock ring unscrews in the conventional manner, freeing the adapter. I've never encountered one which would not unscrew using only manual means. If I did encounter an adapter with a stuck lock ring, I would use a pipe wrench gently to unscrew it (while protecting the knurl with cloth) in order to gain more mechanical advantage.

BTW and FWIW, that is a valuable adapter you have there. It is worth more than the lens, at least IMO.

ETA

Yes, it was luis who made mention early last year of the fixed-mount version. Here is a link to his post:

http://forum.mflenses.com/tamron-adapt-a-matic-p-cs-adapter-t64174,start,15.html#1372544

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright!
I had my brother have a go at it and he was able to get the mount off!!
There was some dirt in between that accumulated over the years that made it a very tight fit
Thank you for the help!

I was a bit shocked that the mount alone sold for nearly 60€ in that listing Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Allright!
I had my brother have a go at it and he was able to get the mount off!!
There was some dirt in between that accumulated over the years that made it a very tight fit
Thank you for the help!

I was a bit shocked that the mount alone sold for nearly 60€ in that listing Shocked

It is good you were able finally to remove the adapter. I would not myself place the value of that adapter as high as 60€. I would have estimated between 20€ and 30€. But you have to find them first!! Shocked

So perhaps my estimate is too low.

Hang onto your adapter, especially if it is the only one you have. It will allow you to use many very fun Adapt-A-Matic lenses. So often when you see them offered for sale it is with the wrong adapter. Now you are free to buy regardless.