Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adaptall mount. Three small screws broken lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject: Adaptall mount. Three small screws broken lens Reply with quote

Hi, I have bought two Tamron Adaptall lenses that have a modified mount.
I want to restore them in their orignal condition but to do so I need the three original screws that holds the chromed ring of the mount in place.

So my question is if anybody has some broken, damaged or otherwise worthless Adaptall lens laying around.
Adaptall teleconverters have those screws as well BTW.

I only need the screws that hold the mount in place but the whole mount or even the whole lens would do as well of course.

On top of the obvious shipping cost I want to pay some extra money for it as well.

I hope somebody is able to help me out.
Maybe somebody even knows where I can order some of those screws (a small-screw-shop anybody?).

Thanks in advance for all possible help.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be easier to measure the size of the screws and it's diameter ,hopefully such screws from another donor would work..I do have a donor ,but check the size and the number of threads per it's longer size.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Would be easier to measure the size of the screws and it's diameter ,hopefully such screws from another donor would work..I do have a donor ,but check the size and the number of threads per it's longer size.

OK, I just took a screw from a good Tamron Adaptall lens and these are the measurements:

Total lenght (head included): 8,6mm
Diameter of head: 3,3mm
Diameter of screw(thread): 2,25mm
Thickness of the head: (about) 0,8mm

Length of the threaded part: 7,8mm
Total of threads: about 19,5
So each threadstep is 0,4mm

My apologies for te poor quality of the pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're metric threads you can order screws cheaply on e-bay.
I had 20 M2x10 & 10 M2.5x8 arrive this week (I wasn't sure which size I needed)

I suspect the M2.5x8 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M1-6-M2-M2-5-M3-A2-STAINLESS-POSI-PAN-HEAD-MACHINE-SCREWS-POZI-POZIDRIVE-SCREW-/221326204336?var=&hash=item791e5332a4 would be just about perfect for you. Only a little over £1, & plenty of other suppliers.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two terminally damaged Adaptall-2 lenses, but both are somewhat dismantled, so I'll have to check to see if the mounts are still intact. But first, I'll have to see if I can find them! They're around here somewhere . . .

So anyway, if you can't find replacements, I'll take a look later today (it's 4 am as I write this), and I'll get back with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
If they're metric threads you can order screws cheaply on e-bay.
I had 20 M2x10 & 10 M2.5x8 arrive this week (I wasn't sure which size I needed)

I suspect the M2.5x8 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M1-6-M2-M2-5-M3-A2-STAINLESS-POSI-PAN-HEAD-MACHINE-SCREWS-POZI-POZIDRIVE-SCREW-/221326204336?var=&hash=item791e5332a4 would be just about perfect for you. Only a little over £1, & plenty of other suppliers.

Thanks a lot, I will order some of those screws. And in case they do not fit it will not ruin me.

Edit, I just had a closer look at those screws on eBay and I think that the heads of the screws will be too big. And the thread-size probably will not fit either.
The size (diameter) that I need is 2,25mm. Those on eBay are 2 or 2,5mm.

But I will search some more for other suppliers on eBay. Maybe I can find what I need.

And another edit: As I thought, these are not the screws that I am looking for. In the info it says that the diameter of the head is 5mm where it only can be 3,3mm.
I've looked around on ebay for other suppliers but nobody seems to have this particular type of screws.

Last edited by Lucse on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I have two terminally damaged Adaptall-2 lenses, but both are somewhat dismantled, so I'll have to check to see if the mounts are still intact. But first, I'll have to see if I can find them! They're around here somewhere . . .

So anyway, if you can't find replacements, I'll take a look later today (it's 4 am as I write this), and I'll get back with you.

Thanks a lot that you are so willing to help me out.
As it seems that these screws are not a regular type I would be very glad to hear from you (if you are able to find back those lenses).

This really is a great community Smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one of the lenses. Unfortunately I removed the back plate and I don't know offhand where I would have put it and the screws. I did put them somewhere, however -- it's just a matter of figuring out where I put them. I dismantled this lens years ago. I'll keep looking for the other lens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I found one of the lenses. Unfortunately I removed the back plate and I don't know offhand where I would have put it and the screws. I did put them somewhere, however -- it's just a matter of figuring out where I put them. I dismantled this lens years ago. I'll keep looking for the other lens.

Smile. I hope you will find it. Your efforts are much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help but I have found what I need.

Well in fact I bought one Tamron Adaptall 200mm f/3.5 with a stuck aperture and one 2X teleconverter with glass-separation.

So I have the screws that I need and some spare parts on top of it.

This thread can be closed. Thx.