Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

adaptall 85-210 with macro button (pic heavy)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: adaptall 85-210 with macro button (pic heavy) Reply with quote

My newly acquired adaptall 85-210mm. I already have one so why a second? Because in the description the seller remarked on using it on his Pentax P30. Aha I thought, so thats a PKA mount isn't it? And I was right. One you missed, fellow scavengers ( I was the only bidder) Smile

There are three incarnations of these. The first, Z210, is easy to distinguish because it doesn't have the macro mode button. But as to what the real difference between the later CZ210-M and QZ210-M is I really don't know. The macro mode is distinctive, pressing the mode button allows the zoom ring further extension and the internal optics are moved. This seems technically similar to the Kiron made Vivitar series one 70-210mm. The manual for that says
Quote:
In macro operation your.. lens incorporates moving elements that change the position of the optical centre of the lens.... as you slide the zoom ring.."

The mode goes to 1:3. At that magnification the working distance is ~ 13cm. CFD otherwise is only 2m.

First time round I wasn't impressed with the jpg's I took on my pentax K-r, in particular I felt the contrast was poor. But I took the new one out on my K5 with a notion of catching a few spring flowers using the macro mode ....

A lone rose that doesn't know what the season is?

With flash

With flash

Must take a flash diffuser next time.

I must say I have a more favourable impression now. I know you like this lens Lloydy.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Mine has no macro button Crying or Very sad
MFD 2m, not very useful for flowers. Well, maybe fully grown sunflowers?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PKA mount I acquired with this lens wasn't working. Sad
Then I remembered that scratching the head of the screw nearest to the electrical contacts on the mount removes thread locker varnish that is interfering with electrical contact to the camera.
Fixed Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do like this lens, I,m not exactly sure which version mine is - I,m not at home at the momeent, but it is certainly a very under rated lens by any standard. It,s one of the BBAR lenses, always overshadowed by the SP range, and always cheaper. The rubber grips are often loose or missing, I glue some leather on them. It has to be one of the best budget zooms in that range?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos but that dog sculpture creeps me out.