Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

About winter - Industar 61 L/Z 50/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: About winter - Industar 61 L/Z 50/2.8 Reply with quote

I just received my last toy, from Lithuania. An Industar 61 L/Z. Here, some of the very first shots.

Wind's music 1

Wind's music 2

winter was a story

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make story book pictures! You have exceptional eyes to taking shoots! This is true for inside pictures too! I love your posts!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You make story book pictures! You have exceptional eyes to taking shoots! This is true for inside pictures too! I love your posts!

rightly worded.. you have an imagination plane, which is virtual for me...
Superb pictures.. I always like yours capture.. and want to see for a long...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful work!
I especially like the third one! Well done!

Nice lens, isn't it? I've got the 61 L/D version for my FED-3 rangefinder.

I just learned that the "L" in the name stands for "Lanthanium" which is one of the radioactive elements used in some lenses.
Just to let you know.

Actually, I am not afraid of my lens since what was used is "Lanthaniumoxid" and this is by no means as dangerous as the Thorium which was used in some Yashica and Asahi lenses.

Anyway, really nice shots!

Carsten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call these, three masterpieces, Zipp.
Great composition and colors in the first two. And an obvious feeling of inspiration from the landscape, which is communicated through the photos.
Somehow I am captured by picture #3 however
It has magic.
Very hard to say what precisely. But it felt immediately like I could breathe the air of that place. And it's a B&W image.
Also by keeping it open on the screen, a number of sensations from my memory started flowing.
It is one of those RARE cases where the photograph is actually "open" to let the viewer fill it with his own sensations.
It is a great merit in my opinion, and very very difficult to achieve. It requires a special sensitivity and what's more difficult, the ability to let your camera's shutter respond to it without intermediate rational thinking getting in the way.
So I rate that image, absolute top, for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I wanted to have my aesthetical comments on one message and this technical question on another - hate to mix them.
So I am wondering about the first photo: did you take it wide open? Or has it some kind of soft focus filter on? Because I see flare (a nice gentle flare not an ugly one) - it's not wind motion blur because the hills have it too.
I am wondering because my Volna-9 (which is a lens that is closely related to your Industar) tends to flare a little bit when wide open (not that much, just a little). So it would be curious to find that the Industar does that too.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

I just learned that the "L" in the name stands for "Lanthanium" which is one of the radioactive elements used in some lenses.
Just to let you know.
Actually, I am not afraid of my lens since what was used is "Lanthaniumoxid" and this is by no means as dangerous as the Thorium which was used in some Yashica and Asahi lenses.
Carsten

Not only that. In the Italian forum message I posted the link to in the Links forum, it is said that many old lenses are radioactive, even if they are not known/reputed to be.
So I guess we all have many RA lenses that we don't even suspect about.
Not only that: that guy, who used a radiation meter on his own lens collection, found out that even some of the newer autofocus lenses are radioactive. So evidently the habit of using RA materials for coating has not disappeared completely.
Now, the "popular wisdom" says, we should not worry because the radioactivity coming from a lens is not higher than the natural base radioactivity etc.
But what if someone has a collection of 50 radioactive lenses? All in one place?
This is my real concern.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Orio!

The closer you hold a "hot lens" to your body (or eye) the more of the emitted radioactivity you will get.
Since you do not use all 50 lenses at a time, I don't think there will be a problem.

I would not store the lenses in my little daughter's room, of course.

I have my lenses on a shelf directly under my office's ceiling. Will not "beam me up" from there, I suppose.

There is a story about some anti-nuclear power activists in Germany who gathered in an old church after a protest demonstration. And they got more radioactivity from the freestones the church was build with than from the nuclear power station they were protesting against.

What I want to say is, there are many sources of radioactivity in normal life of which we do not know.
We have to be aware of that but there is hardly a reason to panic!

I am being afraid of nuclear missiles rather than of "radioactive lenses".

Carsten

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you evaluate the risk? I suppose it comes down to how your personality assess the risk. Hang gliding and parachuting are inherently dangerous but people still do it. I have the Super tak 50/1,4 but I use it very infrequently. Not because of the radiation but also because I have an Olympus 50/1,4 which I prefer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beutiful pics brueder. First two my favourites.
Here is a link with some radioactive products

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/consumer.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, guys!

Orio... the glow is not from my lens (I used it full stoped that day). I added myself in PS, using a plug-in. Maibe it looks more natural to use a pastel filter, but it was so cold that day... I was freezing, I was anxious of turning back home... I wasn't in the mood of experimenting with filters. Razz Thanks again.