Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Abandoned village (with a leaky mju II)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Abandoned village (with a leaky mju II) Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw these on flickr, I've been there myself a few times, intriguing place! Always good for interesting shots. I really like the second one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abandoned? What's the story?

Interesting photos. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Very nice pictures even if the camera is leaky. Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Abandoned? What's the story?

Interesting photos. Smile

It's in Belgium, in direct surroundings of the nuclear plant Doel near Antwerpen. The village is called Doel as well. The Belgian government planned on building a dock here for the Antwerp harbour, so they bought out the people who lived there, excpet for some who absolutely did not want to leave. They still live here!
After the village was nearly empty they couldn't start the build of the new dock. I do not know the exact reason, some say they ran out of money, some say it's because the nuclear plant is too close, for safety reasons or something like that.

It's a never ending story, a very interesting village in terms of making history and in terms of what has been going on there since it's empty. Lot's of travelers lived there, youth held illegal parties and demolished lots of property. Immense amounts of grafitti!

There are however a few days a year when it is very crowded, they organise a big flea-market for everybody who wants to sell their second hand goods. It's a great event with food, music, art, and of course old stuff, which i happen to like! Wink

Here are some pics of Doel when it is alive:
Doel is alive! by René Maly, on Flickr

Doel is alive! by René Maly, on Flickr

And some more pics i took there: https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=81437390%40N03&sort=date-taken-desc&text=doel&view_all=1

Maybe Karen has some more info about Doel, i hear they want to start up normal life there again.

Cheers!
René.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't have explained it beter Wink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid story and great images.
Thanks for all the images.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Splendid story and great images.
Thanks for all the images.

+1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can a mju-II leak? Around the film type window?