Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A7R III focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: A7R III focus Reply with quote

I can't increase ths image size to focus it better.

I use the sony in manual focus mode.

Feel so stupid, but read and read the manual and try modes in the cam, but can't find the appropriate way to do that.

Can somebody help me, please?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be a zoom button somewhere. It will not auto zoom with a manual lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslrQids3RE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus Magnifier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
Take a look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslrQids3RE

Thank you, Gerald, very much. In the tutorial, the sony has AF lens, I use MF lenses, by now at least.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using Manual focus rather than AF-S on an a7III and if I changed focus it would magniy by x5 and the shutter button revealed the whole image again. So where you using M on the control dial which is manual settings. I think menu - spanner : 2 is where Focus settings are.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Focus Magnifier

Yes, Visualopsins, thank you.

I'm looking for have a direct access to this function directly by one button, quicly.

But with manual focus lenses, it seems not possible to my.

Shall I have to switch to AF lenses?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A7RII by default assigns Focus Magnification function to the C2 button. Maybe A7RIII same?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slalom wrote:
I was using Manual focus rather than AF-S on an a7III and if I changed focus it would magniy by x5 and the shutter button revealed the whole image again. So where you using M on the control dial which is manual settings. I think menu - spanner : 2 is where Focus settings are.

Thank you. I will try this way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
A7RII by default assigns Focus Magnification function to the C2 button. Maybe A7RIII same?

Thank Visualopsins

In A7RIII is focus areas by default but Focus Magnification is not among the options to select.

Last edited by papasito on Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read you need to assign a custom button to the Focus Magnifier function first, but I don't have a Sony A7r III to confirm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
I read you need to assign a custom button to the Focus Magnifier function first, but I don't have a Sony A7r III to confirm.

Yes Gerald. And thank you.
In the film the Sony has an AF lens, so the Menu is different to the one with MF.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1710/v1/en/contents/TP0001629665.html?search=magnifier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

monopix wrote:
https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/1710/v1/en/contents/TP0001629665.html?search=magnifier

Thank you, very much.

Now, I understand how must do it.

Many Thanks to all of you, for your time and your and your desire to help me

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In menu 2, penultimate set, open Custom Key, select required button and scroll to chose option.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

e6filmuser wrote:
In menu 2, penultimate set, open Custom Key, select required button and scroll to chose option.

I did it. Now, I know two ways to chose this option.

Like 1

Thank you!