Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A7R II - Worlds best camera for rangfinder lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: A7R II - Worlds best camera for rangfinder lenses Reply with quote

Quite interesting reading, I am tempted to upgrade, but the price tag is more than I would like to spend Surprised

"The A7RII is probably now the world’s best M-mount camera. I can report that The Leica Summicron 35mm f/2 and Zeiss ZM 18mm f/4 both work beautifully on the A7rII. Both struggled greatly with the original A7 cameras. The corner smearing & color shifts have been all but eliminated. I had a few moments to test each lens at a demo yesterday – and really the only limitations now are the lenses themselves. The “wide open” shots appear to only show the natural aberrations of the lenses, rather than any sensor-produced issues. Of curse, these pictures are nothing special – but are well enough to understand that we have a real winner for Leica shooters. Unbelievable!"

Source: http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/bart-ex-leica-boss-the-a7rii-is-probably-now-the-worlds-best-m-mount-camera/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://plus.google.com/106990676031669199820/posts/XFcskarmgTM

"Zeiss ZM 18mm f/4 - Extreme Corner. No smearing or color shifts. The lens itself has a somewhat wavy field, so I can attest that this is the best I've ever seen the corners from this lens in any digital application, including the Leica M or even with digital correction"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news, especially if it drives down the price of secondhand A7s. Smile

There will still be those who will turn their nose up at it because it doesn't say Leica on it so can't be as good as a Leica....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
This is good news, especially if it drives down the price of secondhand A7s. Smile

There will still be those who will turn their nose up at it because it doesn't say Leica on it so can't be as good as a Leica....

Haha Laughing Laughing

I guess Uhoh7 on the forum is tempted to buy this new camera as a big fan of wide angle RF lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The examples from your link are nothing to write home about IMHO.
Still curios to see better samples or comparisons. It would be helpful to see the Summicron 35/2 on film in the corners to have a better idea about the performance of the new A7rII.
So I cannot really share the excitement so far.
However, I don't plan to buy A7rII anyway as I am still enjoying my Ricoh GXR for RF lenses. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a is right. Those examples are ridiculous. I use my GA and UGA mostly for urban and natural landscapes. I need to see the performance on infinity where the problem is accute.
You don't buy a 3500 $ camera and 4000$ lens to have a worse result than with an A7 and a SMC Pentax 28 3.5 .
This issue with corner smearing is easy to test . I don't understand why it is impossible to get a good report on this topic.

I had to stop a guy on another forum who started saying bullshits based on such examples.