Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A7 & NEX series Lens Profile sharing thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: A7 & NEX series Lens Profile sharing thread Reply with quote

I am starting this thread as a result of the Lens Compensation APP from PlayMemoriesscameraapps

Changes in Ver. 2.00 (November 20, 2014)
・Can be used when shooting movies
・Import/export of profiles

This app lets users manually select correction values for lens peripheral shading, chromatic aberration and distortion. By saving the correction values as a lens profile, the same correction can be applied when shooting either still images or movies.
・Peripheral Shading: Corrects brightness, and the intensity of reds and blues, around the edges of images
・Chromatic Aberration: Corrects red and blue lateral aberration
・Distortion: Corrects barrel and pincushion distortion

[Import/Export of profiles]
Saved profiles can be used in other cameras by transferring them via memory card.

I hope we can use this thread to share Lens Profile data and discuss this APP. I just sold my A7R and are currently waiting for the A7 II and can not participate before I get my new camera, but it would have been interesting to now more about this new feature. I am pretty sure that A7/ A7R/A7S needs to have individual Lens Profile setups because of different sensortech.

Can Lens Profiles:
- be shared in a easy way on this forum?
- be edited with notepad (or other similar text editor)?
- be updated with new lens profiles without replacing existing Lens Profles in camera?

And is Lens Profile sharing worth the effort (the point of this thread)? Surprised

I am asking you guys who have the APP to do some reasearch! Thx! Wink

Last edited by Nordentro on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check by the weekend regarding the files created and if they can be easily edited in computer...

Regarding profiles for fullframe Sony cameras, I cannot help since I am still using Nex-6 (Crop 1.5x) and settings would differ for the same lens... Even with focal reducer must be some roles playing (like the gain in max aperture) so those profiles won't match with A7.

Anyway maybe we can concentrate lens profiles (A7 and nex) on same place with the correct identification if full-frame or crop....
Regards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I wasn`t aware of that this app also could be found on the NEX!

Thanks for testing this out and I look forward to your findings. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go:
The BAD:
i) No Exif metadata of the lens as already mentioned by user Lenny.
ii) LENS PROFILE are very small binary files (not plain text) therefore not easy to edit out of app enviroment...

The GOOD:
iii) Sharing profiles could be done by hosting bin files in some Cloud (ex Google Drive) or just by informing the VALUES for each setting.

For export and import, we must follow the instructions/rules:
file location SD card: /PRIVATE/SONY/APP_LC/PROFILE/
file names: “LENS0001.BIN” - “LENS0200.BIN” can be imported.

I have started to play with wide-angle lenses Tokina 17mm and Zuiko 21mm.
Let see what can get with this profiles Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Is there one file for each lens? And can the files be renamed to something else than "LENS0001.BIN"? Surprised