Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Week With a Nifty Fifty - Auto-Revuenon 55mm f1.7 (Chinon)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: A Week With a Nifty Fifty - Auto-Revuenon 55mm f1.7 (Chinon) Reply with quote

I have been away from home for a week or so, and decided to take only one lens with me to save weight.
I packed my trusty Pentax K-10D, and an Auto-Revuenon (Chinon) 55mm f1.7 lens.
On the right - this one:

Took heaps of images of course.
Here is a sample:

100% crop of last image

Cheers
OH

Last edited by Oldhand on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:20 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing landscapes. And love the cat picture as well, it is pretty how the light falls.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are really excellent photos!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed May 04, 2016 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 2 scenery for me....and I don't think you could see and get a shot like that in the UK (well unless someone else in the UK knows different).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All very nice but I love the roses!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cat image is a big winner. The lens seems like a winner as well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the 2 first photos, nice color, nice scenary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful landscapes and great weather too! Would you call the lens you used an exceptional lens or just
another good 50mm?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are beautiful pictures .... congratulations! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.
It was a pleasure to use this lens. Very well made with silky smooth focus, and positive stops and half-stops.

uddhava wrote:
Beautiful landscapes and great weather too! Would you call the lens you used an exceptional lens or just
another good 50mm?

Is it exceptional - well, the results are great, and better than I was expecting - surprised me really. It is as good as many of the excellent 50, 55, 58 etc lenses of its time.
But not exceptional, where that means the best of its kind. But yes exceptional if you look at the results.
I would call this an excellent lens.
I particularly like the way it handles colour, and the softness and bokeh wide open are delicious - see the roses image above.
And it can be cutting in its sharpness. A lens that can deliver all of these is up there with the outstanding lenses, even if it isn't the best there is.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done mate!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots!!!!!

The landscapes are instantly recognisable as being in Australia!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a great lens but it has been wonderfully brought to use
and the pictures clearly shows that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
It was a pleasure to use this lens. Very well made with silky smooth focus, and positive stops and half-stops.

uddhava wrote:
another good 50mm?

Is it exceptional - well, the results are great, and better than I was expecting - surprised me really. It is as good as many of the excellent 50, 55, 58 etc lenses of its time.
But not exceptional, where that means the best of its kind. But yes exceptional if you look at the results.
I particularly like the way it handles colour, and the softness and bokeh wide open are delicious - see the roses image above.
And it can be cutting in its sharpness. A lens that can deliver all of these is up there with the outstanding lenses, even if it isn't the best there is.

Thanks. I ask because there are so many 50s that come up for sell around here it's good to know what's better
or worse. Great shots again!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Oldhand wrote:

uddhava wrote:
another good 50mm?

Thanks. I ask because there are so many 50s that come up for sell around here it's good to know what's better
or worse. Great shots again!

No worries.
This is one lens where the versatility of its image making ability is one of its great strengths.
Here is another example of its splendid softness and glow at widest aperture and its lovely bokeh. Not everything has to be razor sharp all the time (although the cat was pretty good)
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more images from my week with this wonderful lens:

Cheers
OH