Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Tour of Ansal Adams Darkroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: A Tour of Ansal Adams Darkroom Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZlovMptjyQ

Found that quite interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Klaus ,
Interesting find.

I've been reading about it in his books Smile and it's nice to see it not only from the illustrations.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!!
Ansel is great!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am of course a huge fan, and this is a great link, thanks! however, the extent of this setup does raise an interesting issue to me concerning photo manipulation.

i have never been a 'purist' when it comes to PPing digitally, though many are. one of the reasons i've never criticized digital PP is the knowledge that virtually all of our much admired film photographers engaged in extensive darkroom PPing of their own. my perspective is that photography is an art, and like artists using any other medium, inspiration begins with reality, but does not end there. where the artist ends up in his depiction of reality depends on his vision and on his discerning use of all the tools at his disposal.

with film, some of those tools reside in the darkroom; with digital some reside in photoshop or lightroom. if we do not criticize or think less of the genius of adams etc for their extensive darkroom image manipulation, why would we not extend the same theory to our digital counterparts?