Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Nimbus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: A Nimbus Reply with quote

From my trip to the Barber Motorsports Museum in Leeds Ala.
http://barbermuseum.org/.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is one nice MC.

Actually the first was from 1918 not 1920, and in 1934 the popular Bumblebee (named from the sound) was put on the marked.

Last one was produced in 1959, and in total there was produced 13.000, there is still 3.500 driving today.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First model:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bike, not many about either, and especially I would imagine in the USA. Its very similar to the Belgian FN of similar period, another 4 cylinder in line, and both I think were originally for military use, I know the German army used a lot of both Nimbus and FN bikes ( and any others they could get ) in WW2. Nice to see a shiny chrome example too Very Happy thanks . edit
Nice pics too Henrik shows the many variations on the basic design, I can't remember where I last saw one but fairly sure it was in the UK recently

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if i spam you, but i love these machines, I own one myself.

http://www.nimbus.dk/

The language is danish, sorry but that Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Henrik! very interesting and there is some text in English and German Very Happy I am most impressed that you own a Nimbus too -I think the last one I saw was in the Glasgow Transport Museum. I always love to see old bikes like these Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this would stir some interest. I hope the following posts will do the same. I spent over 5 hours at the museum shooting all types of bikes. Many such as this Nimbus are super rare here. The Barber museum has over 1200 bikes and over 600 are on display at any given time. I go there once a year to see if any different ones are displayed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to catch the vintage bikes when they have club runs, hopefully I'll catch them in March when they have a rally near an old gold mining town and have a bit of a run to the town.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Nice one Henrik! very interesting and there is some text in English and German Very Happy I am most impressed that you own a Nimbus too -I think the last one I saw was in the Glasgow Transport Museum. I always love to see old bikes like these Very Happy

Well mine is in a very bad condition. I hope some day soon I will get the time (and money) to restore it.

I will post some pictures next week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henrik I would love to see them and Dawg - nice one on posting the originals , I will see what pics I have too Very Happy