Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A forest trip Contax 139 & 50mm Planar [NEG]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: A forest trip Contax 139 & 50mm Planar [NEG] Reply with quote

Hi here Very Happy

Here is a sample of the magnifico rendition of film camera. The picturs may not be award winners, they're here to relax people, as i was during taking those ones. This was a camera test. Funny fact as the last one was taken by error, as i pressed the shutter instead of the button for exposure metering ^.^

Contax 139 - Planar 1.7/50mm - Kodak Supra 400 . C41 home process
scanned with Epson V300.

@5.6

again @ 5.6

@ f8

Last edited by hexi on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did move here from slide shows, because that folder goal to present best face of film. A print film scan rare reach slides quality.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that scan destroys a bit of the quality of a print, but these are negative scans, unedited. Actually i use the scan to select pictures to be printed later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first and third, Hexi! Looks like a relaxing and fun walk.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx katastrofo. The place is quite peaceful indeed, and actually it was a bike ride and i lost myself .... again Laughing this forest is way too big !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more pictures, same forest, same camera and Fuji 200 film .
Light metering done with an external cell ( Sverdolsk 4 ) very precise. i know the 139 has intern light metering, but i wanted to choose by myself Cool many good possibilities of shadows/light in this more than huge forest.

@f8

@5.6

@f4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb samples hexi, nice 3D and great colors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, nice second set!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I did move here from slide shows, because that folder goal to present best face of film. A print film scan rare reach slides quality.

Actually, it's even simpler than that:

- Negative Colour films go to Colour Film gallery
- Positive Colour films go to Slide gallery
- B&W films (negative or positive) go to B&W Gallery

regardless of quality

Please all take care to post in the appropriate gallery.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx poilu & katastrofo, i tell you this forest is a great photo spot i could live there it have a castle even Very Happy

as for the right forum, i first thought that slides = film, which is wrong of course, now i've figured that out !