Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A comparison. Nikon 810 VS Pentax K1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: A comparison. Nikon 810 VS Pentax K1 Reply with quote

A comparison using Manufacturing specs.

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Pentax-K-1-vs-Nikon-D810

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is very interesting. My first question when I looked at this article, didn't have anything to do with either the Pentax or the Nikon. Since they were rated numbers 2 and 3, I wanted to know what was number 1. Heh, still do. I'm guessing it's a Canon, maybe the new 5ds?

Now that it appears that Pentax has a real winner, or at least a strong contender for the Pro-Am consumer, one thing they're gonna have to do is bulk up their lens line, since this is their first FF DSLR. They've announced two new zooms, but they're really gonna need to update things and otherwise firm things up in that regard. I predict they will.

I'll be honest -- I've been an EOS user for 26 years, but if/when I buy a FF DSLR, I'm gonna be giving the K1 a serious look. It has a terrific price point and I just like the looks and the layout of the camera.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what they base their opinion on, that K1 is rated " better " for Portrait /Street / Sports / Daily photography ( according to their graph )..Why is that then ?..Faster auto focus?.., yet that`s Not been mentioned.

K1 `s Battery Life is roughly 2/3 of the D 810...something that can be Important, coming from someone who Allways carry spares , running out of power is a big No for me.

D810 received a buffer Twice that of a D800 , after all , what good is a fast motot when the buffer is full in a second ?...and how big is the K1`s buffer ?...( according to that graph the K1 being more suitable for sport-photography then the D810 )

And what about what can n`t be seen, like shutter-life , Nikon allways came up with a figure , from the days of the Nikon F , which was rated at 100.000 actuations , I remember the Spotmatic was rated at 20.000 actuations, how many actuations is the K1 rated for ?

D810 has both Lower ISO ( larger DOF ) and Higher ISO ( freezing action ) is n`t that an Advantage ..

I am Not anti-Pentax , I like that K1`s looks , it`s Appealing , I do have a Spotmatic and Great Pentax lenses , and it`s Pricing ...nearly Two K1`s for One D810..

I just do Not understand what they base their opinion on Question

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Yes...about which Camera is Nr.1....would n`t that be Nikon`s D5... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is the Canon 5Ds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novicus wrote:
I am not sure what they base their opinion on, that K1 is rated " better " for Portrait /Street / Sports / Daily photography ( according to their graph )..Why is that then ?..Faster auto focus?.., yet that`s Not been mentioned.

K1 `s Battery Life is roughly 2/3 of the D 810...something that can be Important, coming from someone who Allways carry spares , running out of power is a big No for me.

D810 received a buffer Twice that of a D800 , after all , what good is a fast motot when the buffer is full in a second ?...and how big is the K1`s buffer ?...( according to that graph the K1 being more suitable for sport-photography then the D810 )

And what about what can n`t be seen, like shutter-life , Nikon allways came up with a figure , from the days of the Nikon F , which was rated at 100.000 actuations , I remember the Spotmatic was rated at 20.000 actuations, how many actuations is the K1 rated for ?

D810 has both Lower ISO ( larger DOF ) and Higher ISO ( freezing action ) is n`t that an Advantage ..

I am Not anti-Pentax , I like that K1`s looks , it`s Appealing , I do have a Spotmatic and Great Pentax lenses , and it`s Pricing ...nearly Two K1`s for One D810..

I just do Not understand what they base their opinion on Question

The K-1 has a shutter lifespan of 300 000.
The D810 may have lower iso but not higher. The K-1 has max ISO of 200 k while the d810 only have 50k.

The biggest plus for me is shakereduction on all my manualfocus lenses on the K-1.
And the catch in focus that lets you hold the trigger and the photo is taken when selected focuspoint is in focus.
The green button that makes life easy with my m42 lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novicus wrote:

The K1 is rated at 300,000 shutter actuations.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number 1 is the Nikon D750.
http://cameradecision.com/compare/Pentax-K-1-vs-Nikon-D750
But because of features and portability.

Imaging speaking, the K1 beats the D750 and after all I find it's a more important point so I would place the Pentax K1 in first place.

Canon 5DS R is #7 and 5DS is #6.

Look at the Cameras menu and the Top 5 semi-pro DSLR Cameras... 4 Nikons (D750, D810, D810A, D500 apsc) and 1 Pentax.
http://cameradecision.com/

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added more info on the K1 here.
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-full-frame-is-coming-t72717.html

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the price point the K1 is an astounding piece of gear. The lens line is limited and it looks as though Pentax may rely on rebranding lenses from various manufactures. I'm sure Pentax will release more of their own lenses but it will take time.

Ball Park figures:
Nikon 810 - 2700.00 ( body ) https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D810-FX-format-Digital-Camera/dp/B00LAJQVR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500845555&sr=8-1&keywords=nikon+810

Pentax K1 - 1800.00 ( body ) https://www.amazon.com/Pentax-K-1-Full-Frame-Camera/dp/B01BL6L3G6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1500845721&sr=1-1&keywords=pentax+k1