Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A colleague of mine wants to sell his camera gear...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: A colleague of mine wants to sell his camera gear... Reply with quote

A colleague of mine (highly reliable!) asked me if I could helm him and estimate the value of the gear he owns and wants to sell. He has inherited most of it from his father and does not want to shoot on film anymore.

I promised him to show his items here. If someone here is interested, I'll have a closer look at those cameras. He said that everything would be working and at first sight the things looked fine. But I just had the time to take some photos of them.

So, please let me know if someone is interested, then I will try to find out if those items have any problems or not. And then I will start a price research.

#1 Nikon EM with Tokina 4/35-70

#2 Olympus AF-1

#3 Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta C "MX" 531/2 w/ Tessar 3.5/10.5cm (for 4.5x6 and 6x9) [I think that's the cam.]

But here I think I have seen a small patch of fungus at the front lens. Shouldn't be too tricky to get rid of, though.

#4 Mamiya Prismat PH with the complete (!) set of lenses:
- Sekor 3.5/38
- Sekor 1.9/48
- Sekor 3.5/100

#5 Rollei 35 (the one with the Tessar lens)

He also has some extra stuff such as Zeiss close-up filters and the like...

Believe me, I tried to convince him to keep that stuff, but I don't think that I was successful. The only cam he will think about selling again is the Rollei 35.

I tell you, it was a funny picture, two teachers handling cameras in front of the open car boot of his Citroen. We must have looked like dealers in stolen goods. LOL Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd consider the Super Ikonta, depending on the price.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
I'd consider the Super Ikonta, depending on the price.

Sure. So, I will ask him to give it me in order to check for possible problems.
This cam goes for €200,- here in Germany quite regularly. The fungus of course will reduce the asking price.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will get the Rollei 35 and the Ikonta soon in order to check them.
He doesn't know if they are completely alright. I'll come back to this thread when I know...