Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A black finish Meyer Primotar 50/3,5 M42, how rare is that?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: A black finish Meyer Primotar 50/3,5 M42, how rare is that? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Long story short, I've somewhat grabbed normal design Primotar 50/3,5 lens but blackie (kind of like the black Primotar 135/3,5 which is obviously common) but neither saw it anywhere so far nor found any online pics or sources to exist... Maybe some soul here knows the bottom of the story...? Klauses?

Been attached to Praktica FX2...

Thanks in advance,

Marek

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you let me have the serial no, I can look it up Marek...

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s/n 1923651 thank you very much Klaus

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mind posting pic of the lens?

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marek wrote:

Batch of 3000 lenses made 1958; no indication of a black version

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Do you mind posting pic of the lens?

Oh, absolutely

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two types of paint, though nicely done fonts. I wonder but cannot say for sure.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you missed the point. It is no lame homemade paint. Looks exactly the same way as black Primotar 135 does (been attached too, btw). It's 99,9% factory made.

The gloss of sun shade paint is irrelevant as it may or may not be actual part of this lens.

Also, who follows Zeiss/Meyer history deeply probably knows this black glossy sun shades are commonly looking this way, being attached to various small prime lenses of +/- 1950, eg. Tessar 50mm slims.

That said, different paint color of sun shade is hardly relevant for my weird Primotar 50 origin. False clue given! Whoo Turtle

I guess it's likely something like black Biotar 75 or Trioplan 100 of the same color guys.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not mean the shade. If you look lens closely, there is much difference in paint degradation on focusing ring and DOF scale for instance. Might be original true.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Marek wrote:

Batch of 3000 lenses made 1958; no indication of a black version

Sorry to be a pest Klaus, could you check mine for me please - serial number 1832631
Mine is the usual silver
Smile
Tom

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
I did not mean the shade. If you look lens closely, there is much difference in paint degradation on focusing ring and DOF scale for instance. Might be original true.

Maybe it just was worn there in "fatter" places due to some tight case/bag/whatever used in the past, you know

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that some of my meyer lenses have slightly differing finishes on different parts. I would not think it too unusual.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote