Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

a big one...Pentacon 500mm 5.6 MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: a big one...Pentacon 500mm 5.6 MC Reply with quote

My new 500mm big tube is here. It's a heavy tele from Pentacon GDR former Meyer-Optik-Goerlitz. I have pay 100Euro and its in nice condition, no Fungus, no screatches and no dust... i am happy Very Happy Only the weather is here bad....

cu Uwe

PS: pics follows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in seeing them. I quite fancy one of those, but it's a big heavy lump, as you say.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was one of the first lens what I taken, and one of the first what I sold... too heavy to use often and image quality is not better than a small easy to use mirror lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also got this lens some weeks ago for the same price; I need to grab it at a friend's house, I can't wait to see this pretty big monster Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

495mm over all, yes it's a big monster Twisted Evil

cu Uwe

I hope for better weather...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had singlecoated version. It was offcourse, much brighter, but also had better image quality than my Kiron made Panagor 500mm mirror, but it was very hard to use with it's 3.5kg and huge focus ring, I didn't have a stable enough tripod nor enough hands. it was hard to nail critical focus, I don't have a single sharp photo (the winter weather certainly didn't help either). I sold it with a loss soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAMPLES !

I am curious about this one

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the weather here by me is so bad, 3 grdC and rain, this is not my weather... Rolling Eyes
Sample-Pics ar come later with more light and i hope my focus screen from china.

cu Uwe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday and today was sunny but in no way I can go to work with this lens Laughing

Unfortunately rain is announced this week-end - not a good weather to test such "baby" ! Mad

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked "Is the Lens too big, is your Cam too small!"

cu Uwe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens is good for work out.
You will see, a bigger bizeps will follow, if you use this monster without stativ.

I hope for pictures, i am prying

regards Peter