Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A 77 Year Old Camera Goes to the Mountains - Kodak Medalist
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:19 am    Post subject: A 77 Year Old Camera Goes to the Mountains - Kodak Medalist Reply with quote

Earlier today I shared some photos of my trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. I went there to test out a new, to me, camera, a Kodak Medalist I. Well, now I have the rolls developed and scanned in so here they are.

I wish there was a way to display these images like they are displayed on my calibrated screen, large and full of tones, the down res image displayed on the internet color palate doesn't let you see the full qualities of these images.

Anyway, saying that, here they are.

These were shot on a 77 year old Kodak Medalist I that I received a couple of days ago. These are my first rolls and my first shots taken with this old camera, so I really didn't know what to expect. The first images were shot with trough a minus blue filter on Neopan Acros 100 film rated at 50 ISO and developed in Rodinal at 50:1 for 9 minutes. After they dried, I scanned them in using an Epson V750 pro.

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 1 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 2 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 3 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

These next few were taken between 11,500 ft and 12,000 ft altitude. It was raining on and off, but it made for some good photo taking.

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 4 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 5 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 6 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

These last images were using the same film and shot through the same filter, but I used Pyrocat MC at 1:1:100 to develop them. The negatives were a little thick at 15 minutes development time, so next time I'm going to develop for 12 minutes.

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 7 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 8 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Kodak Medalist 1 - Test 9 by Andrew Marjama, on Flickr

Thats it for now. I have a few other photos (I shot 3 rolls, so 24 exposures total), but they weren't as interesting, or were doubles of these.

Next weekend I am going to take this camera, along with my 4x5 large format camera and my D600 to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park for some more photography and camping.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1