Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

85mm lenses of different make
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: 85mm lenses of different make Reply with quote

I've done a comparison in size of my different 85mm lenses:

From left to right: 1. Jupiter 9 1:2 (LTM), 2. Minolta MC Rokkor-PF 1:1.7, 3. Minolta AF 1:1.4, 4. Super-Takumar 1:1.9 (M42).

Due to different light situations the WB turned out to be slightly different.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice,do you have a favorite? I wonder how well the Minolta performs?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Very nice,do you have a favorite? I wonder how well the Minolta performs?

That's really hard to say. I haven't done a direct comparison up to now.

Actually the Russian lens was bought for my Ricoh, but can be used on the other mirrorless cameras too. The three SLR lenses can be used on all mirrorless ones but not on all SLR cameras. The old Pentax Takumar lens is the only lens which is compatible with really all of my cameras (besides middle format). My personal favorite is most likely the old Minolta Rokkor lens because I have it already since ages and so I am used to it. For AF shooting there is no discussion and the newer AF-Minolta lens is not bad either. I will do a comparison sooner or later to find out the differences. That's already planned. However, all of them are rather good. There is no dead duck among my 85mm lenses. There I am rather sure. Actually I have some 90mm lenses too which fit somehow in this class.
For some of my other focal lengths it looks differently, expecially in the 50mm class, where I have the most (far too many) lenses within a single focal length. Also in 135mm it is likely to find some crap.
I have to get rid of some of my equipment anyway and the "big shoot out" will be the first step in that direction, if my energy is not suddenly disappearing again. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops I missed the AF Minolta sitting there Laughing I would not expect much difference between them,if you can manage it it certainly would be interesting to see the results from any comparison shoot out.