Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7artisans 50mm f1. 8 Great for aps-c mirrorles
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: 7artisans 50mm f1. 8 Great for aps-c mirrorles Reply with quote

Hi this lens is better than expected and a great choice for Fuji, Eos M and a6000 user.
You don't need an adapter the lens comes with Fuji x, eos m or Sony e mount and it does not
cost more than Pancolar as an example. The build is okay but not as nice as Voigtlander anyhow its better then the price indicates.
Fokus is smooth, not like Takumar but better then Jena and the Russians.
Its rather sharp and contrasty wide open,the only downside I have found as an jpg shooter is that
the pictures from this lens is a little cooler than from Fuji lenses.
I don't have anything meaningful to post yet only some tests pictures.
Regards Sverker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good!
The online comment on this lens mainly faults corners and distortion.

The no-name Chinese 25/1.8's (half the price of 7artisans or Meike) certainly have bad corners till f/4 - 5.6

What do you think about this one?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide open the corners are soft from around f2.8 it's sharp all over,it's sharpest at f5.6 but the marking doesn't seem right compered to shutter speed. Many vintage ff fifty's have worse corners even on aps-c
The only really good one I have seen is Planar 50mm f1.7 that was good even on my ff Sony a99

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 7artisans 50mm f1. 8 Great for aps-c mirrorles Reply with quote

Thanks for posting, looks pretty nice!

Zeeke wrote:
the only downside I have found as an jpg shooter is that
the pictures from this lens is a little cooler than from Fuji lenses.
You could try setting white balance on something else than Auto. So one of the modes, pick a temperature, or use a WB-card. Modern camera's Auto White Balance sometimes gets confused when a manual lens is mounted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful work. That certainly looks like a good lens. I went with the 7A 1.4/55 and am very happy with it also.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have totally forgotten about the white balance because Fujis auto is usually so good.
I'll try day light next time. I think this China offers are great for focal length you don't use that often but want to try.And optically they are impressive for a company that's new in the industry.
It's liberating whiteout adapter and I think legacy lenses works nicer on dslr.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite exceptional sharpness in your images.
Looks like a great buy.
Well done
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very backlit portrait with to bussy background 😊did not get the sharpness thru either but it's sharp at f2.

Last edited by Zeeke on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:45 pm; edited 6 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice photos. Can be a good addition to APS-C series.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While most of the E mount 7Artisans lenses are APS-C they have two excellent (particularly for the price) full frame lenses, a 1.2/50 lens in Leica M mount and a 2.0/35 lens in both Leica M and Sony E mount. Neither lens is ready to take on Leica but for the prices they are selling for they are stellar.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read about the 35mm for M and it seems like a nice lens, a sonnar design with good 3D pop.
I am curious about ther 12mm f2. 8 it would be nice to have a wide angle for my I Fuji...... But this and the M 35mm are more expensive than the 25 and 50 so I might not be as impressed by those...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeeke wrote:
I have read about the 35mm for M and it seems like a nice lens, a sonnar design with good 3D pop.
I am curious about ther 12mm f2. 8 it would be nice to have a wide angle for my I Fuji...... But this and the M 35mm are more expensive than the 25 and 50 so I might not be as impressed by those...

Samyang make an excellent 12mm f2 for Fuji that is worth a look
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Samyang/Rokinon/Bower/Walimex 12mm is more expensive than the 7artisans 12mm.

The 7artisans 35mm 1.2 is indeed more expensive than the 25mm and 50 1.8, but at 145 (its current ebay-price) I don't think it is expensive for a 1.2 lens.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
The Samyang/Rokinon/Bower/Walimex 12mm is more expensive than the 7artisans 12mm.

[b]

Yes you are correct, but the Samyang is a stop faster @f2 while the 7 Artisans is f2.8 maximum aperture if I remember correctly.
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, true, and for some applications, that extra stop can be important.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I am going to take a look at the Samyang 12mm
The 7artisans 35mm f1. 2 isn't pricey for what it is but the 35mm f2 for Leica M costs a little more but it is supposed to be better built.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeeke wrote:
The 7artisans 35mm f1. 2 isn't pricey for what it is but the 35mm f2 for Leica M costs a little more but it is supposed to be better built.
The 35 2.0 is a full frame lens, so more glass. There's other cheaper versions of the same lens but for other systems:
http://www.7artisans.com/en/h-col-116.html

The LM-mount has the same optics, but is more expensive due to rangefinder-coupling and allegedly more precise build quality. An added advantage of a lens in LM-mount is that you can use the lens on more systems, not just on your Leica: LM can be adapted to Fuji, Sony and Canon, but e.g. a Fuji-mount lens can only be used on Fuji.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: 7artisans 50mm f1. 8 Great for aps-c mirrorles Reply with quote

Zeeke wrote:
...Its rather sharp and contrasty wide open,the only downside I have found as an jpg shooter is that
the pictures from this lens is a little cooler than from Fuji lenses......

Nice photos and the lens looks nice on your camera.
They do look a little cool as you say, but in general the photos look better than what I
have gotten shooting JPGs. Would you mind sharing the settings you use for your JPG output?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first camera that I don't have to tweak the settings on, I have only lighten the shadows one step and lowered the noise reduction.Some times I increase the sharpness just to get a little extra clarity.
My earlier cameras like Sony a99,Panasonics and Nikons needed more tweaking to fitt my taste like white ballance and saturation.A couple of years ago I had a XE1 but I never really bounded with that camera later I tried a XT1 to but first with the XT10 great Fuji jpgs gotten a mening for me even though they should be the same as XT1 jpgs😊

English isn't my language so sometimes it's hard for me to express my self
in the right way or the way I want so please no offence if I'm rude or something... this is a good way to practice English😊

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeeke wrote:
This is the first camera that I don't have to tweak the settings on, I have only lighten the shadows one step and lowered the noise reduction.Some times I increase the sharpness just to get a little extra clarity.
My earlier cameras like Sony a99,Panasonics and Nikons needed more tweaking to fitt my taste like white ballance and saturation.A couple of years ago I had a XE1 but I never really bounded with that camera later I tried a XT1 to but first with the XT10 great Fuji jpgs gotten a mening for me even though they should be the same as XT1 jpgs😊

English isn't my language so sometimes it's hard for me to express my self
in the right way or the way I want so please no offence if I'm rude or something... this is a good way to practice English😊

Very nice pics, happy to see your work here!
No worries about your English, you shoudl hear my (nonexistent) Swedish! Tack! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No worries about your English, you shoudl hear my (nonexistent) Swedish! Tack! Wink

Thanks for the kind words Klaus
This is the kindest and most interesting photo forum on the net.

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeeke wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the kind words Klaus
This is the kindest and most interesting photo forum on the net.

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

Thank you! Welcome Turtle Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information.