Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7artisans 12mm F2.8 - lens review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: 7artisans 12mm F2.8 - lens review Reply with quote

I've recently borrowed this lens from Hamish Gill to try it on my Fuji X-E2s and write short review of 7artisans 12mm F2.8 lens on 35MMC:
www.35mmc.com/02/03/2018/7artisans-12mm-f2-8-lens-review/

Here's also related 7artisans 12mm F2.8 Flickr public group for lens samples:
www.flickr.com/groups/4477220@N20/

I decided to purchase this lens after writing review, and now waiting for better weather to make more live shots.

Also the partial disassembly is planned soon : )

Please let me know if you have any questions on this lens, will be happy to share more details.

7artisans 12mm F2.8 shot with Fuji X-E2s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Was interested in that also. First real review I have seen, except for a couple of Youtube things by a guy in China.

I have been playing with the 7Artisans 7.5mm/2.8 Fisheye, and should have a post in a day or two.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!

How is the mechanical feel of this lens, compared to the Samyang 12mm? (APSC-version)

The other 7a lenses I have do not feel quite up to par to the Samyang with regard to build quality and general feel. I already have the Samyang, but willing to trade that (there's an interesting offer locally) and get a 7a and some cash instead Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. I've been hoping to see some reviews of the 7artisans lenses. The 25mm looks interesting for my M43 cameras and I've very keen to see what the wide ones can do as I mostly shoot wider angles.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak, I can only say about my personal feel about the built, both 7artisans and Samyang have own strong sides.
Internal helicoid and glass cases are both great and made to similar level.

Here are my observation on each lens strong points:

7artisans 12mm F2.8:
- all metal exterior
- exposed bolts for precise infinity focus calibration
- thinner and more solid feel of the lens body
- more pleasant focus ring texture
- aperture ring is closer to the mount and has better texture

Samyang/Rokinon 12mm F2:
- click-stop aperture ring - that's much better for blind aperture selection by counting clicks
- it accepts protective filter so no need to use cap (I like it more)
- plastic body better survives after small hits, and scratches are virtually invisible (on black version)
- better plastic lens touch feel in low temperature

iangreenhalgh1, I plan to purchase and review 7artisans 25mm F1.8 and 7artisans 50mm F1.8 in a nearest future. I'm also very interested in wide angle, currently using Fujinon XF 23mm F2 on X-E2s but need something with manual focus : )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found some time for 7artisans 12mm F2.8 lens disassembly : )
https://yukosteel.wordpress.com/2018/03/14/7artisans-12mm-f2-8-lens-partial-disassembly/

[/img]