Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

70mm in 616 camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: 70mm in 616 camera Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with this? I have backing paper ready to tape to the back of it. If I choose to do a few extra rolls without backing paper, does anyone know a cheat sheet for how many turns each photo would need?I'm using a Kodak Vigilant Junior.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody knows ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps make a dummy film using print paper taped together to the correct length. attach it to the spool then with the back of the camera open, mark the paper at the roll-end then wind on and count how many turns it takes to get to the spool-end. Make a note how far you must wind each frame as each wind will be different as the spool fills up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
Phil, that sounds great.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact why not make your own backing paper this way - use black paper and a chinagraph or white ink pen (a cuticle pen will work - ask the wife)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you got 70 mm film? I need a roll. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay is one source: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2054897.m570.l2632.R2.TR6.TRC2.A0.H1.X70mm+FILM&_nkw=70mm+film&_sacat=69323

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil! So black print paper will protect the film enough if I check the red window between shots?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, it did for me but theres many different types of black paper. I used black art paper in a pad. When I did it I put a length of 35mm film onto a 127 sized backing paper.