Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

7.5 cm f/2.9 Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan on Sony A7Mii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: 7.5 cm f/2.9 Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan on Sony A7Mii Reply with quote

HI All,

I recently salvaged a very nice 7.5 cm f/2.9 Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan from a hopeless Balda Baldax folder and adapted it to Sony e-mount via a Vivitar close focusing 2X converter. These converters have really nice helical focus mechanisms and they are plentiful and inexpensive (at least here in the US). I found one in Olympus OM mount and I removed the guts. I mounted the Trioplan in its Compur shutter to an Olympus body cap and fitted that to the front of the tele converter. I unscrewed the Olympus mount from the back of the converter and replaced it with an e-mount from a cheap set of Sony close-up tubes.

I made some photos with the contraption mounted to the Sony A7 Mii full frame. You can see it performs in typical Trioplan fashion with that famous bubble bokeh. The Baldax came with a Kodak Tourist folder for $55 USD including shipping. Everything else I had laying around.

P.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done.
I really like the mechanical shutter lock - you nailed it!
Tom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Very well done.
I really like the mechanical shutter lock - you nailed it!
Tom

LOL good one. When you're a hammer everything looks like a nail!

P.