Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

60 mm Macro-Elmarit: Start of un Pique-Nique
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: 60 mm Macro-Elmarit: Start of un Pique-Nique Reply with quote

Having the Macro-Elmarit mounted on my 350D, I happened to bump into some musicians preparing for un pique-nique. A slightly longer lens would have been better, but I still managed to get some nice shots although there were quite a lot of tourist interfering. The first one is a 100% crop, and some of the others have been slightly cropped.

They had one of my usual target practice boats at their disposal in order to sail to the Suomenlinna sea fortress, where they were to have un pique-nique and perform a couple of small-scale 18th century operas:

I didn't have time to accompany them, alas, but before sailing they performed a symphony several times, which was quite nice although it was a very, very short symphony - something like less than ten seconds or so Smile

Veijo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great series!!!!
I LOVE these events!!!
I catch them whenever I can... would have liked to be there...

Lots of very nice images, my absolute favourite is the last one, this two-level vertical composition is such a great idea!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked the close-up of those early hautbois! One looks turned in boxwood,
the other in perhaps, palisander (rosewood). Really nice captures,
Veijo!

Bill

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely series! Thanks for sharing! Darn, you brought up my PGAS (Photo Gear Acquire Syndrome). I want macro-Elmarit, too:-(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwcs wrote:
I want macro-Elmarit, too:-(

I want the Makro-Planar 100 - 1:1 scale reproduction
There is one for sale now but I can't afford it Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, macro-Elmarit (100) is way beyond my range, 60 is much much more affordable:-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cwcs wrote:
Well, macro-Elmarit (100) is way beyond my range, 60 is much much more affordable:-)

I've seen pictures from the Makro-Planar 100 that I think kill the Macro-Elmarits (which is not easy to do!)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I've seen pictures from the Makro-Planar 100 that I think kill the Macro-Elmarits (which is not easy to do!)

Now Orio, is this true or merely a jactitation on your part? Just kidding and I'm not from Missouri, but examples would be nice. Possible?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
Orio wrote:

Now Orio, is this true or merely a jactitation on your part? Just kidding and I'm not from Missouri, but examples would be nice. Possible?

I don't have examples at hand. I remember having seen in a forum a comparison between the Makro-Planar and the Macro Elmarit on a USA dollar bill shot, and the people in the forum agreed that the Planar was the winner.
We are talking anyway of SUPER LENSES. I mean, both belong to the best of the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone.

I don't know or care which macro lens is the absolutely best one, I have got this one, and it seems to be good enough on both my cameras. Anyway, at this performance level even the slightest focusing error will "ruin" the result when comparing lenses, something like a couple of millimeters at two meters. No focusing mechanism can guarantee that kind of accuracy, AF doesn't even try and MF gets tricky when you try to turn the ring just a fraction of one degree - there ought to be a vernier screw when you want to get that finicky.

Veijo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vilva wrote:
Thanks everyone.
I don't know or care which macro lens is the absolutely best one, I have got this one, and it seems to be good enough on both my cameras. Anyway, at this performance level even the slightest focusing error will "ruin" the result when comparing lenses, something like a couple of millimeters at two meters. No focusing mechanism can guarantee that kind of accuracy, AF doesn't even try and MF gets tricky when you try to turn the ring just a fraction of one degree - there ought to be a vernier screw when you want to get that finicky.
Veijo

Yes, of course. This is mostly "pour parler" Wink