Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5D Mark II lens compatibility chart
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cannot access!
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallaro1980 wrote:
i cannot access!

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
metallaro1980 wrote:
i cannot access!

+1

+1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it seems the spreadsheet is no more available.
When it was, there was quite a mess surely due to a bad sorting operation.
I think the best would be to retrive the original spreadsheet and work on it to sort datas correctly and then put it back on line but without public modification access.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I made the original spread sheet, I didn't know it wasn't accessible any more. I'll take a look at the permissions.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I made it so that anybody with the URL can both see it and edit it. I don't know why the permissions changed??

Anyway, sorry about that!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I sent a PM to Orio I did guess he is owner.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rawhead.
It works again !!! and I've downloaded it. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

My contribution:

Voigtlander Color-Ultron 50/1.8 M42:

- Can be physically mounted on the camera? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode? NO
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? YES
- Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin: Fujinon M42-to-EOS adapter from Calvin83 of MFLenses.

The lens starts locking the mirror when focused at about 5m ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm new here to the forums as well as using MF lenses on my 5D Mark II. I just got my first MF lens & adapter in the mail today and just tested it a few minutes ago and it worked out perfectly. I'm excited to buy more MF lenses in the future and am so thankful/ happy that the members of the forum put the compatibility chart together. I'd been debating about giving MF lenses a try on my 5d Mark II for almost a year now just out of terror that I'd mess up my camera or something, so finding this list/forum was a life saver for me. Anyway sorry for the rant, here's my contribution (I apologize if I messed up the format for the review or if I happen to repeat).

Nikon

Nikkor AI-S 35mm f/2

1) Can be physically mounted on the camera?
Yes

2) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode?
Yes

3) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)?
Yes

4) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? Yes

5) Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin (which seller it comes from)
I used the Fotodiox Pro Nikon to Canon EOS adapter (the one without the AF confirm chip)

Also I apologize if this isn't allowed but does anyone happen to have any affordable recommendations for an 85mm?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nike and welcome.

About 85mm, you can have a look at this topic speaking about the same question on a 5D MkII :
http://forum.mflenses.com/85mm-lens-for-5dii-and-1dseries-which-one-t39828,highlight,%2B85mm.html

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contribution :

Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa Xenar 50mm f/2.8
Yes
No
3) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)?
Yes
4) Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? Yes
5) Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin (which seller it comes from)
Big-IS M42 to Canon EOS adapter with AF confirm chip

Schneider-Kreuznach Edixa Tele-Xenar 135mm f/3.5
Yes
No
Yes
Big-IS M42 to Canon EOS adapter with AF confirm chip

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: HELP WITH JUPITER 37A!! Reply with quote

Can someone please help me to know if it's possible to focus the Jupiter 37a to Infinity on my 5d? It doesn't right now with the black M42 to EOS adapter I have but I don't want an adapter with glass in it so is there an adjustment that can be made to make it focus to infinity? Mine focuses to like 25 feet and that's it...Thanks for any help!!
Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your adapter seems to thick, try to get another one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another contribution:

Voigtlander Color-Dynarex 85/2.8 QBM:

- Can be physically mounted on the camera? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in live view mode (mirror locked up)? YES
- Is it possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity? YES
- Specify the type of adapter used and it's origin: QBM-EOS replacement mount from Calvin83 of MFLenses.

Great IQ, contrast and sharpness. These lenses can be found relatively cheap (about 60 euros), so grab them before it's too late ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Many thanks to all the contributors for creating this extraordinarily helpful thread.

I'm just about ready to make the full-frame jump, so the 5DMkII compatibility issues are now a matter of immediate concern for me.

I do have a question about the relationship between the "Possible to take pictures focusing at infinity in normal mode?" column (Column C) and the "Possible to take pictures focusing at distances other than infinity?" column (Column E). I have the feeling I'm misreading these headings, because I'm not sure I understand how it's possible for a lens to be a "YES" in Column C, with focus racked all the way back, and a "NO" in Column E, with the lens focused further forward (examples, per the spreadsheet, include the S-M-C Takumar 24/3.5 as well as the Meyer Primagon 35/4.5 and Primopan 58/1.9).

Do these lenses really work at infinity but not at closer settings? Or am I not properly understanding the column headings?

Thanks for being patient with a full-frame novice!

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

Pretty obvious what is sticking out.

Anyway i wouldn't bet on 1:2.8 version. Most samples i saw work on 70% abilities due to at least one foggy element inside (condensation).

Hi, Dear Pancolart,
I have a lens same as yours, but mirror hit on 5D2. I am using a BIG IS with chip adapter.
I have a CZJ Pancolor 1.8/50, also mirror hit on 5D2. So sad.
What will you suggest me to do?
Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find a workshop with grinding machine that also strongly vacuum sucks dust and parts. Protect parts as much as you can. Grind the perturbing part. Clean any possible residues after grinding (focusing will get stuck if metal dust gets into system). Let the PRO do it for you. It will take him 10 minutes for both lenses if you prepare everything for him. That shouldn't be expensive.

Paint wounded part matte black on the end.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Find a workshop with grinding machine that also strongly vacuum sucks dust and parts. Protect parts as much as you can. Grind the perturbing part. Clean any possible residues after grinding (focusing will get stuck if metal dust gets into system). Let the PRO do it for you. It will take him 10 minutes for both lenses if you prepare everything for him. That shouldn't be expensive.

Paint wounded part matte black on the end.

Hi, Pancolart,
Thanks for your suggestion. By the way, it seams that you no need to do grinding. Right?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't check anymore since lens was sold. Anyway you couldn't take my word for granted due to models variation and different infinity adjustments.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: pentacon Reply with quote

Hi,

I have Pentacon MC Auto 50/1.8 and i don't know what to do. Do u know ? is it working with 5dmkII ? / sorry for english i;m from abroad ;P

It seems to work for me but i am little confusion about it, i don't want to broke my mirror.

Distance beetwen mirror and bagnet in 5d2 is about 1,5mm imo, do u confirm this ? and distanace between back side of lens when its in infinity and when its hidden it about 0,7 mm. Also i don't hear any noise while taking a picture beyond a natural sound of shutter.

any help ? : )

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have done a db in mysql and i'm putting this values ...
my db also works with differents cameras
and for any lens you can also insert web-site links with tag for other informations!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a 5dmkii and have a question, for lenses that do hit the mirror, or block the mirror, in normal shooting mode through the view finder, is it safe to just put the camera in live view and then mount the lens, and then would you have focus to infinity and avoid hitting the mirror? The main lens I am concerned with is a SMC tak 50, I just don't want to take any chances with my new camera.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome namtot
it is normal to be careful with your new 5DII
after 1 year, I took the dremel and cut the mirror Smile

namtot wrote:
I just picked up a 5dmkii and have a question, for lenses that do hit the mirror, or block the mirror, in normal shooting mode through the view finder, is it safe to just put the camera in live view and then mount the lens, and then would you have focus to infinity and avoid hitting the mirror? The main lens I am concerned with is a SMC tak 50, I just don't want to take any chances with my new camera.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I was reading about that, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go that far lol..

Also, does anyone know of a Nikon adapter that is precisely machined and wont go past infinity? I have been looking at the cinevate one that b&h carries, but wouldn't mind suggestions, I'm sure a lot of people here have experience with adapters and the various makers of them.