Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5cm Summarit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: 5cm Summarit Reply with quote

Leica Summarit M 1.5 5cm wide open
C1 classic style

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 (but the white balance Thomas...)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white balance? I wrote C1 classic style, it is an automated style which made all caramel coloured Smile
but thanks for the hint, I was not aware of seeing it that way, so it is good to know
will try another one later or tomorrow Idea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the colours are like 1:00 AM Sunday morning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.k. guys, you were right, but now I was to lazy to remove the nose ring, so waiting for your comments Wink

first pic is white balance for Finnish winter before 10am or after 3 pm Twisted Evil

2nd is my attempt to get the white balance right

[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saw it on another monitor - again white balance is off, but now I did it without presets.... so i have to get something calibrated

@ Mods: can you please move this to the critique place? Will try to get it done after calibration - thx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the WB on the initial picture, it gives a very "late night" feel to it, as mentioned by kansalliskalaCafe.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made an attempt at white balance adjustment. Other tints are possible, depending on the photographer's taste.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks a lot Sjak,

I did not think it was totally wrong, but the white balance as shown in chhayanat´s version is much better

chhayanat you are the hero for my daughter or for my monitor, whatever you prefer Wink

thanks again for all comments

btw I shall take pis of an excavator in december in mid Finland, so my joke beomes reality about white balance during nigt Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
thanks a lot Sjak,

I did not think it was totally wrong, but the white balance as shown in chhayanat´s version is much better

chhayanat you are the hero for my daughter or for my monitor, whatever you prefer Wink

thanks again for all comments

btw I shall take pis of an excavator in december in mid Finland, so my joke beomes reality about white balance during nigt Wink

I used the method contained in the link below:
http://photoblogstop.com/photoshop/accurate-white-balance-adjustments-in-photoshop

It often gives unexpected results. These can be moderated by using a layer mask on the layer which gave the unwanted result, clicking on it and painting with the brush on the image using low values between 15 and 25 at first. Otherwise the reversion to the underlying layer can be too radical. There are quicker methods as well but this rather involved one seems to work, if one has the time.
Cheers,