Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm with fast autofocus for sony a7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: 50mm with fast autofocus for sony a7 Reply with quote

Hello.

I sold my contax zeiss 50mm 1.4 and minolta rokkor 58mm 1.2 to buy the FE sonnar 55mm 1.8 for sony a7. But now i'm searching for other less expensive lens because i didn't need top lens quality and don't use it so much. i was satisfied about the zeiss 50mm 1.4 & 1.7.

maybe LA-EA4 adapter with sony or minolta 50mm is a solution.

any advice are welcomed.

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salut compatriote. Cool

What range are you looking for ?
What are your kinds of photography ?
What prices ?

Low cost and very good IQ : Helios-44-2 58mm f:2.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The AF Rokkor 50's have a great reputation, I've used the 50 / 1.7 with film and it's a great lens.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello. thx for the reply.

I was looking for an autofocus lens only Olivier ( j'ai déja l'Helios Wink ) , 35mm or 50mm.
I buy the sonnar fe 55mm last week. The autofocus is not always accurate or it "hunt" some times.... let try it more Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is a MANUAL focus forum it seems a very strange place to be asking about AF lenses!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since this is a MANUAL focus forum it seems a very strange place to be asking about AF lenses!

Yes i know but many users use also AF lenses sometimes and can give good answer Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good people on this forum. I don't think it would hurt to encourage discussion of AF, after all if you are running a website really its mostly the traffic that pays the bills. (Full disclosure I am also looking for a decent low price AF 50mm for my A7ii) The gist I get from other sites eg Rokkor files, munger etc is that the minolta 1.4 AF is quite good, quite a bit better than the kit 1.7. The flea bay prices seem to be right around 100USD.