Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm lens w/ Rollei QBM - Focus on EOS - How to...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: 50mm lens w/ Rollei QBM - Focus on EOS - How to... Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been published here before, but since it is an easy (and completely reversable) "surgery", I just post it (perhaps again):

Applicable for the Voigtländer Color-Ultron 1.4/55 AR and the Color Ulltron 2/50, probably for most of if not all 50mm QBM lenses.

1. Focus lens as close as possible.
2. Take a grip on the front element of the tube and turn it.
3. Remove this element.
4. You can see three screws somewhere, just loosen these screws wihtout unscrewing them completely.
5. The focus ring can now be turned without focussing the lens. Just find out the infinity position when focus is on infinity (perhaps one or two mm).
6. Fasten the screws again.
7. Screw front element to the lens again.
Voila!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 50mm lens w/ Rollei QBM - Focus on EOS - How to... Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I don't know if this has been published here before, but since it is an easy (and completely reversable) "surgery", I just post it (perhaps again):

Applicable for the Voigtländer Color-Ultron 1.4/55 AR and the Color Ulltron 2/50, probably for most of if not all 50mm QBM lenses.

Hmm, defintely interesting info, as a Voigtländer fan myself, but my understanding was that you can get inf. on a C-U 55/1,4 without any modifications with a QBM-EOS adapter?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not completely. It just misses infinity with my two different adapters.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
No, not completely. It just misses infinity with my two different adapters.

Ah, I see. Well, definitely worth trying, as QBM mount Color-Ultrons are so cheap!! Thanks, and will let you know if it works! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
... as QBM mount Color-Ultrons are so cheap...

... and so good!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

1. Focus lens as close as possible.
2. Take a grip on the front element of the tube and turn it.
3. Remove this element.
4. You can see three screws somewhere, just loosen these screws wihtout unscrewing them completely.
5. The focus ring can not be turned without focussing the lens. Just find out the infinity position when focus is on infinity (perhaps one or two mm).
6. Fasten the screws again.
7. Screw front element to the lens again.
Voila!

Hi I have a rolleiflex SL35 with a Planar f1/8 50mm. This is a very nice
camera and good lens. I love it. I use this lens on this camera and I am not trying to put it on another cam, not for the moment anyway.

Now, the problem is that my lens does not focus as it should. It focuses on infinity when the indicator shows 1,2 m. Otherwise it can focus normally but it is hard to pick the right focus.

I thought that your idea could work for adjusting the planar stuff, but I do not really understand what do you mean by the front element of the tube. Is it the flat ring on which the name of the lens is written or the black tube that goes out when you focus on the closest? In which sense should I turn it - unscrew it?

Do you have some pictures of your operation? This would be of great help.

Thank you

Confused

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not the name ring. The front part of the lens body. You can unscrew it. It's pretty tight, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Light Painter

I'll try to unscrew that ring though I am slightly afraid, I wouldn't want to scratch anything. By the way the screws should be on the side ?

I'll tell you what happened.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.:. wrote:
Thank you Light Painter

I'll try to unscrew that ring though I am slightly afraid, I wouldn't want to scratch anything. By the way the screws should be on the side ?

I'll tell you what happened.

Wink

You should be able to see the screws when you look into the lens from the front.

I used one of this rubber grip loops to unscrew. No scratches and the ring doesn't slip through your fingers.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I did it. It is so simple when you know how to do it. The lens can focus on infinity and it is easier to focus on any distance than before. I'm so happy. Thank you very much for your experience. YEAH.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.:. wrote:
Hey I did it. It is so simple when you know how to do it. The lens can focus on infinity and it is easier to focus on any distance than before. I'm so happy. Thank you very much for your experience. YEAH.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Congratulations! Well done.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these detailed informations, I'm going to try this soon on my color-ultron 55mm 1.4.

Small question though - when you say :

"5. The focus ring can not be turned without focussing the lens. Just find out the infinity position when focus is on infinity (perhaps one or two mm)."

Do you mean "can now be turned" instead of "not". If so, what's the exact procedure at this point ?

Sorry for these basic questions but I'm not an expert in lenses debugging and I really don't want to break anything Smile.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oscillateur wrote:
Thanks for these detailed informations, I'm going to try this soon on my color-ultron 55mm 1.4.

Small question though - when you say :

"5. The focus ring can not be turned without focussing the lens. Just find out the infinity position when focus is on infinity (perhaps one or two mm)."

Do you mean "can now be turned" instead of "not". If so, what's the exact procedure at this point ?

Sorry for these basic questions but I'm not an expert in lenses debugging and I really don't want to break anything Smile.

Thanks.

Yes, of course. Thanks for pointing at this typo. I have corrected it.