Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm Jupiter 3 50mm f1.5 wide open examples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: 50mm Jupiter 3 50mm f1.5 wide open examples Reply with quote

These were taken with my X-E2 at ISO 200, Dynamic Range 100. Exported from lightroom without any processing.

These are hand held. And on a windy day, I just go this lens so I wanted to play at lunch break.... ;0) This is to show how the lens renders, and to give a idea about it's hand held real world sharpness on a mirrorless body.

The first two shots are cell phone shots of the lens. Anyone have any idea on the age of the lens?

----

Enjoy

Roger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Smile 1963

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on majority of Russian lenses first two digits are mark the year of lens, in your case 1963. Industar 22 is an exception it has different logic. 00 ,01,04 mark special versions.

I have several earlier ones from 1949 to 1956 they have better coating I got lot more contrast with them , especially 1951, 1952 lens has stronger contrast.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
on majority of Russian lenses first two digits are mark the year of lens, in your case 1963. Industar 22 is an exception it has different logic. 00 ,01,04 mark special versions.

I have several earlier ones from 1949 to 1956 they have better coating I got lot more contrast with them , especially 1951, 1952 lens has stronger contrast.

My case confirm your logic, I had a Zagorsk Jupiter-3 and I have now a Jupiter-3 KMZ 1951 (with zeiss's ears), the KMZ is a way better...
But samples here show good quality also, IMHO.