Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

50mm/f1.2 EBC X-Fujinon on Sony A7R II
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: 50mm/f1.2 EBC X-Fujinon on Sony A7R II Reply with quote

Today I've received my 50mm/f1.2 EBC X-Fujinon lens (marked as Porst Color Reflex UMC on the lens ring) in unused/pristine condition. Although I have already enough super fast normal lenses I couldn't resist as the offer was very attractively priced.
Furthermore I've read that this lens outclasses the well regarded Canon FD 50/1.2 L lens which made me curios.

Anyway, here are the first (quick and dirty) test shots which I'm happy to share with you.

The light condition was rather poor today (natural daylight from a foggy day outside through the window) but I didn't use any additional light or flash on purpose.

All pictures shot fully open at F1.2 and are only downsized for presentation. No otherwise manipulation and no lens profile was applied. I've included a 100% view center crop for pixel peeping purposes.
The first picture of the figure was shot against the light (very difficult light situation for the lens) on purpose.

Bear in mind that the DOF is extremely limited as the Camera to Object distance was rather short.
All pictures are clickable for best quality viewing.

#3a - crop

I have to say that I'm rather impressed about the performance of this lens. It's rather likely that this is my new top-performer. A comparison at a later stage will tell me if I'm right.
The only downside is that there is no Fuji AX to Leica M adapter for my Techart Pro adapter available. Therefore I'm limited to use this lens in manual focus mode only on my Fuji-NEX adapter.

Anyway, I think it's by far the best F1.2 lens which may still be found for little money.

As usual comments are welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a fantastic lens. I have one as well, but one of the elements is flipped (still need to fix that!).
But it performs excellent anyway, except for the corners. But that will change some day.....

See here: http://forum.mflenses.com/porst-fujinon-50mm-f-1-2-question-t77826,highlight,%2Bporst.html

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
It is a fantastic lens.

Obviously. I'm presently working on the comparison with my other fast ones.....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comparison of this Fujinon lens with my other fast ones can be found in this thread: http://forum.mflenses.com/ultra-fast-normal-lenses-on-a7r-ii-t79965.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your highly useful lens comparisons, Thomas.
[Sorry for chosing the wrong first name in my original post. It will not happen again!]

Last edited by Fujinonuser on Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujinonuser wrote:
Thank you very much for your highly useful lens comparisons, Bernhard.

Thank you as well.

Cheers,