Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5 minute banana box studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: 5 minute banana box studio Reply with quote

Let the photos talk (not like me!)

The paper is an A1 piece of thick art paper cut to size to fit the box. I have opened the left (as you look at it) because thats where my light source will be. I have used off cuts to cover the inside left and to get a little reflection. The 'top' of the box has been taped to the 'bottom' to provide an even base.

The bottom folds in and the paper rolls into the box. The string is to keep it all together when its stored.

Good enough for this purpose.

I'll get some LED lights for use in the evening.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You aren't photographing that Perkeo I for eBay are you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

Sorry David, no. Its afine camera inexcellent condition. Part of a box ful that I bought off a neighbour.

I'll bear you in mind if I get fed-up of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well done Phil!

I had made a very similar 'box, not from a banana box but from a bigger abt. cube shaped box, that is it has 'walls' to the sides and on top. I cut them out so that only the outer rims remained and glued 'backing papers' into the cut outs. I placed halogen lamps to both sides and at the top and the backing papers seems to do a very good job supplying soft light.

also had used it to take some photos of 'gear', e.g.:

cheers, andreas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one kuuan. I did this to take some product shots so I just used what I had. The client wouldnt pay for a light tent...

I may make something more sophisticated, thanks for the idea. But I need some decent lights first. This is fine for now. Client is happy. (I charged extra for this).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have one. If you haven't used it, grab a roll of 120 Acros, Velvia 50, or PanF 50 (and shoot it and pull it at 25 ISO). THe Perkeo and each of those films works stunningly well together.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done similar for my wife, but cut out top and sides and filled with thin transparent paper
to shine light through for even illumination. An hour of work but well invested as it works
pretty nicely.... IKEA has nice EUR10 LED lights with adjustable arms

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Done similar for my wife, but cut out top and sides and filled with thin transparent paper
to shine light through for even illumination. An hour of work but well invested as it works
pretty nicely.... IKEA has nice EUR10 LED lights with adjustable arms

will check out Ikea. Thanks.